Chapter Thirteen

1st February 2014

Harper.

I was actually really nervous to go to Harry's party. As promised, he picked me up at four and we went for an early dinner. I had bought him a huge chocolate cupcake with his name on it, and had Sienna paint him a picture which he promised to frame.

Once back at his, I watched tv whilst he changed into something else and we chilled until we realised it was time to leave.

Now we were minutes away from getting out of the car and heading inside the club that had been rented out for his birthday.

"There's going to be paps so just hold my hand and keep your head down okay?"

I nod.

"I'm a little nervous," I admit.

"Don't be, the paps won't hurt you,"

"Not of that, your party.. I won't know anyone."

"You'll know me," He smiles.

"I know but, I don't want you to stick to me, you need to see your friends, it's your birthday."

"You're my friend,"

"I'm your friend?" I raise my eyebrow playfully.

"Well, my friend I like to kiss, and hopefully one day will be my girlfriend,"

"Are you asking me that now or are you waiting?"

"Third date,"

"So there's rules?" I tease.

I could see the driver literally roll his eyes.

"There's Harry Styles rules,"

"Oh," I smirk. "Hope I abide by them."

Harry laughs giving me a quick peck before we exit the car.

As predicted we were bombarded by the paps, we could hardly walk at some points, but once security called for back up we were ushered in quickly.

Inside it was loud, crazy and stylish. I have no idea who put this thing together but bravo to them, it was beautiful.

Harry's name was called by the DJ, and I let go of his hand so he could go and stand on the stage and say hi and thank you to everyone for coming.

In the mean time I was handed a glass of champagne and because I felt so awkward I started sipping it.

"Do I know you?"

I turn towards the voice. "Erm.." I didn't realise who she was until the lights flickered over her face. She was the uptight girl who was looking for more jumpers like her boyfriend bought her a couple weeks back.

"I don't think so-"

"You work in that boutique!" She remembers.

"Oh, yeah that's me."

"Why are you here?" She asks with a sickly smile.

"I was invited.."

"Oh, wow. You must have great connections."

"Sadie!"

The girl looked when she heard someone shout that and she gave me another smile before walking off.

So that's Sadie..

"You okay?" Harry slightly pants coming up beside me.

"Fine, just met that Sadie girl,"

His face slightly changes into one of distaste. "Oh,"

"You having fun?"

He smiles. "Uh yeah, let me introduce you to the guys."

He leads me over to a round table where I see the remaining members of one direction sat with their girlfriends.

"Boys,"

"'Ere he is!" Niall shouts.

"Lads this is Harper, Harper this is the lads."

I smile and give a little wave, Harry sits beside a girl and I sit beside him.

"I'm Gemma, his sister." She leans over him.

"Nice to meet you," I greet.

"You too, it's nice to put a face to the name I hear consistently."

I laugh as she pinches Harry's cheeks, he looked embarrassed as I peck his cheek and tell him it's okay to talk about me.

. . .

Harry had been gone for at least an hour now, lost in the crowd. I had been sitting with Gemma, Sophia and Lou who had very much included me in all conversations and caught me up with everything I needed to know about Harry's friends.

Niall and Liam had spoken to me quite a bit too. They were both polite, Liam especially. Niall reminded me of a male Edie in all honesty.

"So is your hair naturally blonde?" Lou asks.

I nod. "I get highlights from time to time but I never have time to do much with it, I have a daughter you see."

This got Gemma, Sophia, myself and Lou talking again. Lou was particularly interested as she explained she had a daughter who is now a year older than Sienna.

"Our girls will have to meet! Do like a play date," I suggest.

"That would be nice, Lux isn't around a lot of children."

"I understand," I smile.

"How's it going?" Harry slides beside me, arm around my shoulder.

"Hey stranger," I laugh. "Just arranging play dates for Sienna and Lux."

"You're here to party, not to arrange tea parties." He frowns.

"We're mothers, it's what we do 'Arry." Lou winks.

"You're going to make some kind of mum club now aren't you?"

I look at Lou and we both shrug. "Be a cool idea," I tease.

Harry scoffs. "You alright for drinks?"

I nod. "I'm going to head back I think, work at 9.."

It was a little after 1am and although I wouldn't wake up until 8 I still knew I would be tired from tonight.

"Okay, I'll take you."

"No, no stay. It's your birthday."

"I'm leaving too," Gemma comments. Sophia and Lou both agreeing.

"Where do you live?" Lou asks.

"She lives near Fulham road," Harry answers for me.

"Oh I'm heading that way," Lou smiles. "I can drop you off."

"Are you sure? I can always get the tube.."

"I'm sure babe, come on."

I smile and look over at Harry. "Text me when you're home?"

I nod. "Promise."

"Good, thank you for coming."

"No problem, go enjoy your birthday."

He kisses me for a couple of seconds and I smile. "Bye Harry,"