August 2025

The last few years had been an adventure to say the least. Vanessa had moved to Washington DC to become a lobbyist so Seb and Frankie rarely saw their mother. They called me Mama Leah and we were the best of friends. They took it upon themselves to teach me Spanish and while I would never be fluent, I could understand what they were saying. They were growing like weeds and both were in honors classes already.

Lin and I had quietly got married with only a few friends and family in attendence. When you do it on a holiday weekend at your sister's house with a friend as the officiant, no one suspects a thing. We announced it ourselves on Twitter before anyone had gotten wind of it. That had caused more of a stir than the announcement eleven months ago.

Today, in celebrating the 10th anniversary of it's Broadway opening, Hamilton's Original Broadway Cast returned for one night only to benefit Broadway Cares. The media was a buzz because not only would the original cast be performing, but the newest members of the family were rumored to be making their debut.

I stood watching Act 1 from the wings with my best friend and sister Cita. Everytime Lin came off stage he would stop, give me a quick kiss and check the bundles in mine and Cita's arms. Finally, Leslie took the bundle from Cita's arms and headed to start Dear Theodosia. Lin slipped up beside me and took mine. He kissed my lips whispering,"Back in your arms before you know it Mama."

Cita and I leaned out to watch the crowd's reaction when the lights came up, I waved to Seb and Frankie sitting in the front row with their grandparents. They waved back quickly.

"Dear Theodosia, what do I say to you?" Leslie started.
The crowd gave a collective sigh and clapping started. Leslie smiled and turned the bundle so everyone could see the beautiful baby girl laughing in his arms. Five-month-old Amalia Elizabeta loved her uncle Leslie's voice almost of much as her father's. He had been singing to her for three months so she would be happy during the performance. When the lights turned up on Lin singing to her brother Ezekiel Antonio the crowd got louder, especially when he changed the opening line, "Oh Ezekiel, when you smile, I come undone, my son. Look at my son." Kiel stared at his father captivated while Lin danced around with him. Practice since birth had paid off as neither baby cried during the whole performance. As the song was coming to an end, Cita and I stepped out of the wings in our period costumes to retrieve our charges. Amalia went right into her aunt's arms and cooed happily. Lin broke character when he handed me our son and kissed my forehead. He turned off his microphone and whispered only for my ears, "Thank you Mama."

We stepped into the darkness of the stage while the song ended then left the stage with Leslie. We carried the twins to the crib that had been set up in the wings. Cita laid Amalia in the crib then waited until Kiel was beside his sister. She hugged me and hurried off to change and make it back to her seat. I turned to watch the rest of the first act from my little vantage point while I cared for the twins. Amalia got fussy and I picked her up only to have her taken out of my arms by Oak. He shook his head at me and took off with the baby. Kiel was soon in Daveed's arms. I stood fascinated as they were carried around backstage. That was how it was. I had been integrated into the family that was my husband's friends. They accepted me because Lin loved me. During intermission the twins were taken off by the Schuyler sisters as my husband came and wrapped his arms around me.

"Are you good Love?"

"Yes. How are you holding up Miranda?" I asked kissing his cheek.

"Great. One act to go."

"I should warn you now. I am going to bawl like a baby when you die."

He laughed and kissed my cheek, "You always do. You'll bring everyone out after final bow, right?"

"Of course. We promised to dance on stage with the boys. Abuela and Abuelo will watch the twins while we dance."

He kissed me on the lips. We heard cat calls and whistles, but we ignored them. As Lin had said once, "It's PDA, just get used to it."

A/N
I had to put a big old bow on the end for them. And I took it to a Hamilton dream.

--Siempre Lizze