#canwetalk #niceandhot

I arrived at the Miranda apartment about noon the next day. I was wearing jeans and a red peasant top. Not at all what I usually wear. Seb answered the door and hugged me. Frankie was right behind him with another hug.
"Miss Leah, Daddy is taking us to the park. "
"Sounds like fun. I am having lunch with your Mommy."
"We know. She told us. You were having a talk today."
Seb frowned, "You aren't leaving are you? We would be heartbroken."
" No, it's just girl talk. Girls need talk without stinky boys, " I laughed tickling them both. They screamed and ran out of the living room. I stood up and saw Lin leaning against the tv stand. I blushed and smiled. He walked over to me and glanced the direction the boys ran, then kissed me quick on the lips.
"Hey."
"Hey. "
"Its going to be fine. She won't bite. V is a smart, smart lady."
"I know. She scares me she is so smart."
"Hey Leah, ready for lunch,"
Vanessa was standing at the kitchen doorway. She was wearing a cute blue dress with sandals,"I made a salad for us with chicken. Boys, time to go. Grab your coats and Tobi's leash. "
The boys thundered down the hallway with the dog close behind. Ten minutes later, it was quiet in the apartment as they had left. Vanessa held out her hand.
"Come, let's eat and talk."
I took her hand and she led me into the dining room. Salad was filled into two bowls with many options for add ons. She set me in a chair, then opened the bottle of wine and poured us each a glass. She set across from me and took a drink of her wine.
"I am sure you have questions, but let's eat first."
"I do, but sure. "
We made our salads and ate. We made small talk about the boys and her job. It was so interesting what she did. It sounded amazing. Finally, table cleared, she broached the subject.
"He is a good lay, isn't he? "
I blushed, "Yes. I never thought I would be talking to you about that."
"You are the first one that I wanted to talk to. You and Lin are connected , a bit like us. You know things no one else does. You also take care of him. You are like a sister wife. I wouldn't want to share him with just anyone. You realize that right? "
"I think so. He told me I was the first assistant he ever... "
"Yes. He asked me about you many months ago."
" Really? "
"Yes, at the time, I didn't know it was you. He asked if I could ever share him with another woman. Truly share. I told him, I would have to know the woman. Cause she would be in our lives. Then two months later, you were here. Dressing him, running his appearances. He took you to a musical. He never did that before."
"I'm sorry. I didn't know. He is my client. I thought I was making him happy. To understand what he liked. "
Vanessa covered my hand with hers, "It's okay. When did you start feeling...."
I chuckled, "Months ago. It seemed wrong."
"I can tell you the moment Lin wanted you. You came one afternoon. I was working and had papers all over the table. The boys were playing legos. The house was a mess. You walked in wearing a gray dress with tall boots. He looked you up and down and got a twinkle in his eye. You bent over and picked up some toys and I knew he was a goner. But then, I was too. "
I looked up at her, "Excuse me?"
"I saw you as a beautiful woman. The kind people fall for. You made the boys laugh, picked up the house and stroked my husband's ego in one swoop. You made me want to be your friend. Which I think we are? "
"I hope so, Vanessa."
"Rules though..."
"Nothing in public, where people can see. Or around the family. I assume your bed is off limits..."
She laughed, " Unless I invite you, yes. Don't get pregnant. "
"No chance of that. I had issues when I was younger. Was told I couldn't get pregnant. So, no babies for me without a miracle. Not in this house?"
"His office is fine. When you are out, please no PDA."
"Just the normal stuff we already do."
"Fine. We have an agreement?"

Lin and the boys returned home about thirty minutes later. I was loading the dishwasher. Vanessa was in her office on a business call. The boys asked for goldfish which I gave them both. Lin stood at the counter and watched me until the boys went to their room. He came over and put his arms around me.
"Are we good?"
"Yes. We have to be careful. I won't do anything to jeopardize the family."
He kissed my temple,"I wouldn't expect anything less."
Vanessa came down the hall and I pulled away from Lin. She smiled at us both. I walked over and picked up my purse.
"I need to get home. I have to call on a few things. I'll talk to you later?"
"Wait," Vanessa spoke out, "do you have a spare key to your apartment?"
I took one off my key ring and handed it to her. She passed it to Lin. "Just in case.."
"Okay. Talk later." I walked out the door.