Chapter 18

Before Emily could say anything else she then seen the figure coming up the driveway.  Before she could see his face, she recognized the long black robe.
  "Vastin.  What the hell are you doing here?"
  He finished his way towards them and stopped right in front of Samuel.
  "I thought we had an understanding, you and I."
  "That was before you tried to starve a majority of the vampire population just to make a point.  Putting not just us, but the humans, at risk as well."
  "Details, details.  I did what I felt necessary to ensure the obediance of my children!"  Vastin said, snarling at him.
  "We are Not your children, Vastin!  You are No father!  I owe you nothing.  I am done bowing down to you.  I will no longer be called to your every whim, you either leave me alone, or suffer the consequences of your inherent badgering, Master."
  Vastin stepped back.
  "You Dare to speak to me in such a manner?!  I Made you what you are!  You would be nothing without me, your dead bones would be dust by now!  You owe me Everything!  I am your Maker!  I am your Master!  You will respect me!  You will abide by the rules I set before you!"
  "Never again!"  Samuel said, as he shoved Vastin back.  "Now get from my presence!"
  Vastin stepped back up to Samuel.
  "You and your friends will perish tonight because of your insolence," he said as he bared his fangs.
  "If anyone perishes here tonight, it will be you Vile Creature," Jamal said as he stepped forward.
  "I will not be taken from this night easily, Shifter," Vastin said with a hiss.
  Emily watched in amazement as Jamal shifted, instantly.  He was now a large grey and white wolf.  He snarled and growled at Vastin.  His hair stood up on his back.  His big bushy tail was straight out, starting to lift up.  He narrowed his eyes towards Vastin, ready for a fight.  She looked towards Samuel, who's eyes were now blood red and his fingernails extended as claws.  Lena stepped from beside her growling.  Her amazement was soon turned to worry.  This was a very old vampire, his strength unmatched by many.  She just hoped her loved ones would be strong enough to take him on together.  She wanted to help, but knew there was nothing she could do. 
  Vastin then jumped toward Samuel.  Samuel quickly turned away from him, just missing the sharp claws of Vastin's hands.  Jamal leaped toward him, grabbing his leg with his sharp teeth.  He shook his head, tearing into the vampire's flesh.  Vastin screamed out, and kicked Jamal's head with his other leg, knocking the wolf backwards.  Jamal hit the ground and rolled.  He stood up shaking his head.  Samuel then grabbed Vastin by the throat.  The vampire grabbed his arm and turned, twisting Samuel's elbow and causing him to release Vastin.  Vastin turned his eyes back toward Jamal, wanting revenge on the wolf for drawing his blood.  He ran for him, and grabbed the wolf by the neck.  He threw him into the column on the porch and began walking towards him.  Lena seen this and growled.  She rushed the vampire and jumped on his back, knocking him down on the top step.  She sunk her teeth into the back of Vastin's neck.  He reached behind and grabbed her by the head, hurling her into the table on the porch.  Before Vastin could make another move Samuel was upon him.  He clawed along Vastin's back, and Vastin turned to claw Samuel's face.  The two went back and forth at each other down the porch.  Emily eyed the broken table that Lena was struggling to get up from.  She ran toward Lena, and held his wolf snout in her hand.  Don't try to move too much.  Give yourself time to heal, Lena.  You were so brave."  She picked up one of the broken legs, that had splintered off into a point on the end.  Then she ran straight for Vastin. 
  Samuel was struggling to get a clear shot towards Vastin's chest.  Every move he made, Vastin knocked him away.  As Vastin raised his arms to block Samuel once more Emily jumped in to shove the makeshift stake into his chest.  She pierced him, but not high enough.  Vastin pulled the wood from his center and laughed at her.
  "Silly girl, you really thought you could end me?"
  He then shoved the stake through her stomach.
  "No!"  Samuel yelled out.  He then shoved his hand through the back of Vastin and pulled out his heart.
  Vastin turned slowly, shock clear in his eyes.  He took one more breath, then fell.