°13•Climbing the tree

Viola

I brush my wet hair, sitting on my bed. I just came out of the shower. I can't stop smiling. Ian said it. He said that we are in a relationship. I can't believe that he's the one who said it. He also said that when we spent the night together it was also his first time. I never suspected that. Sure it could be a lie, but something told me that he wouldn't lie to the one who's carrying his child.

"Viola." My mother knocks on the door. "Can I come in?"

"Yes, mom, you can come in," I said loud enough for her to hear.

She sits on the bed, taking my brush in her hand to brush my hair. "Don't forget. Tomorrow you have your appointment with the doctor."

I nod my head. "Mom."

"Yes, honey."

I turn my body to look at her. "I wanted to thank you. I know it isn't what you planned for my future, but it didn't stop you from accepting my decision. It must be hard for you."

"I'm your mother. It's my job to guide you in the world so you'll be ready to face it when the time comes for you to leave the house. I can't dictate the way you'll live your life." She leans toward me, kissing my forehead. "It's time for bed."

"Good night, mom."

"Good night, honey." She leaves my room.

I stand up to turn off the light, but before I can do any of that, I hear a sound coming from the window.

I'm not scared. I know who this is. The last time he did this was before our fight.

I open the curtains. Ian's face is close to my window.

"Are you crazy! You could have hurt yourself by climbing that tree." I scold him after I let him in.

He surprises me, leaning down to leave a kiss on my lips. "Relax, princess. It's not the first time I climbed that tree."

I don't reply to him. I'm surprised by his kiss.

"If I knew that it was the way to make you stop talking, I would have done this sooner." He lets out a chuckle.

I slap his arm. "Ian, be serious for a second. You can't risk your life like that. You'll be a father soon."

He cups my face in his hands. "Stop tripping, I'm fine." He kisses me once more.

"What do you think you're doing?" I almost raise my voice as I see Ian lying on my bed after he removed his shoes.

He smirks. "Making myself comfortable." He taps the spot beside him. "Come join me. I don't bite. I promise."

"Are you insane?" I shake my head." You're going to get us cut. If my mother finds you here, she won't be happy."

"Then shut up, and come join me." Ian wiggles his eyebrows up and down.

Against my better judgement, I go lie beside him. I'm nervous. The last time we shared a bed, we slept together. Is this the reason that he's here? Does he think I'm that easy?

Ian turns his body on the side, facing me. "Relax, princess. Your body is so tense." He rubs my arm to encourage me to loosen up a little.

A couple of minutes pass as I feel my body relaxing. I turn to the side so we are face to face.

Ian put a strand of my hair behind my ear. "Did I ever tell you how beautiful you are?"

I feel shy under his stare.

"Don't worry, princess. I will never make you do something that makes you feel uncomfortable." He caresses the side of my face with one finger. "You trust me, right?"