°12•Great pain

Viola

A week later, my mother had succeeded in finding me an appointment with a doctor for tomorrow. Only Ian and my mother will accompany me. I can't wait. I still can't believe that she accepted the fact that I was pregnant.

"Earth to Viola." Hanna snaps her finger in front of me to get my attention.

Earlier today, Ian invited me to go out with him, Jonny and Hanna. He told me he didn't want to feel like the third wheel. I accepted it right away. I accepted his offer because, for today, I wanted to feel like a person my age.

"Uh? What?" I shake my head to get out of my thoughts.

Ian chuckles beside me.

I give him a little nudge. "Stop laughing at me."

He bends down a little to leave a kiss on the side of my face. "It's not my fault, you're too easy."

"Aaa!!" Hanna let out, looking at us with admiration.

I arch my eyebrows. "What?"

She shakes her head, smiling. "Nothing. It's just ... Well ..."

"Out with it, doll." Johnny teases Hanna.

She rolls her eyes at him. "Ugh. Don't mind him. He's an ass."

"Hn. Look who's talking." He says back to her.

She slaps him on his arm. "Shut-up! You know you love me."

He circles an arm around her shoulder, leaving a kiss on her lips. "That I do, doll. That I do."

I look at Ian as they keep kissing. The way he's looking at me right now, I know he wants to kiss me. What will I give to let that happen, but we aren't there yet. I don't want him to want me because I'm carrying his child. I want him to be with me because of me. I want to be enough for him.

"Seriously guys, Why aren't you a couple?" Hanna wonders, staring at us.

I opened my mouth to say something, but her words took me off guard. Ian and I haven't talked about where we stood with each other. From the bottom of my heart, I know I still love him. After everything that happened between us, it made me realize that we weren't ready. As I said we aren't there yet.

I look at the people around me. Ian is waiting for me to say something as if he has hope in his eyes. Hanna is smiling at me, wiggling her eyebrows up and down. As for Johnny, his eyes are on me with curiosity.

Ian then makes his move. He takes my hand in his to bring it to his lips and leaves a kiss on my skin. I feel butterflies flying inside my belly with the anticipation of what will happen next.

Will he kiss me?

Will he say That I'm his girlfriend?

What?

What will it be?

Seriously, Viola snaps out of it. I warn myself.

Ian clears his throat. "Viola and I are taking some time to think where we stand for one another. We aren't together, but we're not apart either."

I couldn't have said better myself.

Johnny coughs to have the attention on him. "I just had the best idea ever. If it's a boy, you can always call him Johnny, a favourite uncle."

"No way, Jose," I say without blinking.

"Why not?" Johnny pouts, looking at me with pleading eyes.

That may work on Hanna, but not me.