°4•Memorie lane

Viola

I can still remember that night as the memory comes back to my mind.

A month ago:

Jack Dallas announced earlier today that he was having a party at his house. What surprised me the most was that he invited everyone on the campus. It was the first time that someone on their side invited us, the forgotten ones, as they call us sometimes.

I can’t believe that I’m going. My curiosity got the better of me as I wanted to see it with my own eyes, or what was so special about them.

“Eric.” I greet him as I stand in front of Jake’s house. “I see that I’m not the only one who decided to come.”

He rubs the back of his neck nervously. “Yeah.”

We rarely talk to one another, but we greet each other every time we pass in the hallway.

I’m glad that I’m not going to be alone. It’s too late to back down. I won’t let Eric down to face them alone.

As we step inside, those who have arrived have already started their fun. Some were dancing, others were talking, and some were drinking.

This isn’t my cup of tea. I should turn around. Why did I come here in the first place?

Stupid curiosity.

“Any regrets?” Eric asks me, looking around as if he was searching for someone in particular.

As I look into the crowd, my heart skips a bit, seeing Ian. As much as I want to deny it, every time I see him, my heart beats fast. Then, the reason we aren't friends anymore is happening again. He’s kissing a girl and I think her name is Melanie. A pang of jealousy invades my heart.

I take the first drink that my hand can reach. I drink it all at once. I cough as my throat burns.

Normally, I think before I act. This time, it was different, and all it took was seeing Ian with another bitch... I mean another girl in his arms.

I looked at my side to say something to Eric, but he disappeared without me realizing it.

Seriously.

Since it was my first drink. The alcohol began to affect me. I take another drink as they keep eating each other’s faces.

What the fuck am I doing here?

I sense someone standing beside me. It’s not Ian. Wait, why am I disappointed with that fact.

I should be glad. No?

Maybe because you still care about him. A little voice says inside my head.

“Hey there...Little darling. Can I help you with something?” The boy beside me asks.

He’s too close to my liking. I try to move away, but he doesn’t have it. He put his hand around my waist. “Let me go, Tom.”

Maybe he doesn’t remember my name, but I do. Tom is on the football team. Like the others.

He ignores my words, bringing me closer to him. I put each of my hands on his chest to try to move away from his grips, but my lack of strength didn’t help.

He narrows his eyes. “Be fucking grateful that someone like me is talking to someone like you.”

I’m ready to slap him across his face. Ian comes to my aid before I have the chance to do anything. “Let her go, Tom.”

Tom looks at me and then at Ian. “She’s all yours. She ain’t worth my time.” He walks away after his words.

Maybe it was the alcohol that I already drank. Maybe it was Tom’s words. Maybe it was
Ian. Maybe it was all of these reasons altogether, but it didn’t stop me from taking a third drink.