Chapter 14

The girls (plus Chandler) heard a knock at the door and Kathrine bolted down to open it. "(Y/n) your boys here!" She yelled after looking out the peep hole in the door. (Y/n) soon came down as well too see Jack just entering the apartment and walking to her. He was wearing a navy blue suit with a black tie and white button up underneath. (Y/n) was pretty taken back by how fancy he looked. He wasn't usually this dressed up, sure his normal clothes were well dressed but not as fancy as this.

(Y/n) soon came down the stairs and smiled at him while taking his hand. (Y/n) was wearing a more fancier dress than what she usually wore (considering this is the 1800s) but it was a dark blue dress that had little sleeves that just went around her forearm, and a black ribbon that tied into a bow in the back. She also had on some black heels and had a small black leather purse.

Soon the other boys came tumbling in.
Race, Davey, Crutchie, Les, etc. Some just came to be with friends, others came to be with friends while also picking up their dates.

They all started going on the walk towards the theater, the girls making sure not to trip on their dresses. "Jack, you okay?" (Y/n) asked, realizing his hands were quite sweaty, "yeah, just a little nervous," "for what?" (Y/n) asked, starting to get a little bit concerned, "ya see, dancin ain't really my thing," Jack said while rubbing the back of his neck, "you'll be fine, just trust me okay?" (Y/n) responded, causing Jack to nod his head in agreement.

_________

"Welcome everyone to Medda's party!" Medda said from atop the stage and receiving a roar of cheer from the crowd of newsboys.

It was some simple music playing and Jack and (y/n) were sitting on one of the couches watching the crowd. Then a slow dance came on. Jack stood up and held his hand out for (y/n) and pulled her up off the couch. "May I have this dance?" Jack asked pulling her in by the waist, "you certainly may,"  (y/n) responded. Jack brought her out amon the dance floor and started swaying the both of them too the music.

After the song ended Jack and (y/n) shared a simple, yet long kiss.

The thing is, this kiss was different.
This kiss made (y/n) realize that Jack was no longer just the boy at the theater.