chapter 10

"(Y/N)!!" (Y/n) heard her name and bolted around to see who the voice belonged too, it was Kathrine. "Yes, can I help you?" (Y/n) asked while putting her book back in her bag, "I need to hype you up," "what?" Kathrine sat down dramatically and then crossed her legs and folded her hands on top. "I need to get you ready to confess to Jack, I spoke to him by the way," "YOU WHAT!?!" (Y/n) blurted out in fear that Kathrine told him about (y/n)'s little crush.

"Jeez, calm down, I didn't tell him about your feelings, I just talked to him about his opinion on you," "well, spit it out, spit it out," (y/n) felt a sense of fear yet excitement for her answer. "He said that he preferred to hang out with you than other girls," Now obviously this wasn't the only thing they talked about that includes (y/n) (since you read the last chapter) but Kathrine didn't want to tell (y/n), she felt that there needed to be a surprise when she found out he liked her.

(Y/n) felt a small hint of hope at those words, she was happy yet Kathrine could still see some fear in her eyes after she said that. "Hey, you'll do great and how could he turn down a gal like you?" "With simply saying no," (y/n) responded sarcastically. Kathrine was disappointed yet amused at her answer. "Look, when I brought you up his face went a slight tint of pink, bet five bucks he could talk about how much he loves you for hours," Kathrine said while putting her hands together and holding them up to her face teasingly, "once I confess we'll find out," (y/n) responded, "once you get enough courage to confess," Kathrine added on.

The two girls stayed at Kathrine's house for the night and discussed how to get Jack and (y/n) together, but most of it was spent of Kathrine teasing (y/n).

_________

Jack tried to write down ways he would confess to (y/n) before giving up and then drawing her without her eyepatch. She was beautiful, he drew her comforting yet goofy eye and tried to put details into her empty eyesocket but then just covered it red, shaded it, and added some highlights. He drew her (H/C) hair as it fluttered down in just the right places around her head and so on.

Once he was done he promised himself he would bring it too her and then confess his feelings. His heart was pounding with excitement and fear of rejection. He never thought that he would be so nervous to speak to a girl. His hands were shaking as he put the drawing away and he got into bed and fantasized what a life with her might be like.

________

"Papes for da newsies, come get em," Mr.wiesel said and gesturing for the newsies to get in line. Crutchie was infront of Jack, "today's da big day ain't it?" Crutchie said turning around to face Jack, "yeah, Ies a bit nervous," Jack said wiping his palm on his pants, "eh, youse is confessin, of course ya gonna be nervous," "thanks for the encouragement Crutchie," Jack said rolling his eyes.

"100 papes," Jack said slamming 50 cents on the wooden box infront of wiesel, "Ah look, no smart mouth today," wiesel said with a evil grin, "shut up weasel," Race said from behind Jack, "I'll be da one givin ya smart mouth today," Race said, adding an mischievous cackle at the end of his sentence and receiving a cheer from all the other newsboys.

________

(Y/n) reached Jack's selling spot and handed him two nickels, "first of all, ya don't gotta tip me every time ya buy a pape, second meet me at da theater, right on the stage and tell mis Medda to tell you when I'm there," Jack said handing her a paper, "um, okay," (y/n) said as she walked away.

'What if he was confessing to me?' (Y/n) thought as she walked.

If only she knew what would happen next.

(A/n)

HEEEEEYYY sorry missed yesterday, I was just not in the mood for writing and plus I didn't know what to write.