Chapter 6

(Y/n) found an old newspaper that was left over from the year before.

"Newsies go on strike" the headline read. As (y/n) read further and further she saw a familiar face out in the front, grinning ear to ear.

It was Jack. (Y/n) read lower and lower down the paper, ends out, he was the face of the strike and lead all the other newsboys to go get their rights back.

__________

Jack was painting yet another background for miss Medda, when he felt a light tap on his shoulder. So as most would, he turned around. It was (y/n), holding a newspaper. Just the sight of her made Jack get butterflies in his stomach and he now has a slight shade of pink across his cheeks. (Y/n) bent down to meet Jack's eyes. "Jack, i have a small question," "was this you in the front?" She asked. Jack squinted his eyes to look st the old paper and realized it was the paper Kathrine had wrote for the strike.

"Yeah, why?" Jack asked, genuinely confused, "I had found this paper in my dad's office, I just recognized your face from it," (y/n) responded.

Jack nodded and (y/n) stood up. Jack felt a hint of sadness when she got up but he didn't say anything. "So, what are you painting?" (Y/n) asked while trying to start some sort of conversation, "Santa Fe," Jack responded shortly. (Y/n) looked at the beautifully painted picture in silence. Soon Jack started painting a small stump with the silhouette of a lady sitting on it watching the world around her.

(Y/n) watched in awe, and Jack had a very good description of her.

Little did (y/n) know, Jack was painting her.

(A/n)

So just to clarify, no (y/n) is not pulitzers daughter, her dad just so happens to have a paper from the strike. But honestly I have wanted to write a chapter with this sort of event for so long and I'm honestly happy I finally wrote it.