The one with the time leaps

Reading Nietzsche was tough and you soon got pretty bored with all what Zarathustra said and decided to go look for Levi. You knew that tonight he wouldn't visit and that made you feel very sad and pity for yourself. You didn't necessarily enjoy the idea that he had other things to do than be with you. Sure, he wasn't a dog that was loyally attached to your leg and would follow you around but you liked to think that you still took an important place in his life. What place he took in yours — you preferred not to think about.

It was already sundown and it meant that all the soldiers would gather in the dining hall for dinner. You went in, flawless as always, wearing a black linen top with loose trousers from the same set. You wore velvet black slippers to match and a white floor-length, half-transparent silk cape, embroidered with golden and red threads. You know, oriental style.

You stole a few familiar looks of awe from men, and a few more of jealousy from some young girls. You couldn't blame them. You dressed better, you were allowed to wear common clothes and not their uniform in which everyone looked alike, you didn't have to follow a strict schedule and you were best friends with the Commander. You job was "to write some shitty stories about the survey corps' weekdays" for the newspaper. And on top of that (like it wasn't already enough to hate you), you were dating the strongest soldier of the humanity, who, "for some foolish reason allowed you to remain in his presence". And you also dared to answer back to him. Yeah, those gossiping girls must never find out what a great grip you had on their precious captain's heart by now.

Gloriously parading across the hall to the sound of sipping, gulping and chewing, you reached the table where Hanji, some squad leaders and Levi were sitting and discussing their tomorrow's mission. It would be the first time for Levi to leave you for more than a day. He was worried. You, actually, couldn't wait. You needed some time to think. Some time apart from Levi, who would always distract you.

You sat next to Hanji, opposite Levi, and greeted everyone with a sleepy smile.

— Cover up, — Levi ordered you nervously, throwing a quick glance at your outfit, that showed too much of your skin and body, to his taste, and took a sip of some alcohol beverage in his glass.

— Drinking at work? — you nodded, while obediently wrapping yourself in your gown with an irritated "Tsk". Needless to say that your translucent gown didn't cover anything which made Levi sigh and the squad leaders giggle.

— And you, my dear (Y/N)! — Hanji exclaimed, hugging you from the back and not letting Levi throw another poisonous remark in your address, — You are going with Levi's squad, with the very elites of the survey corps. It's gonna be your first time outside the walls! I'm almost jealous, you know? And no, not because of Levi but because I still remember my first time... Ah, it was magnificient! All those giants around you with their big pretty eyes and enormous teeth... And! You're gonna see your first titans!!! Well, yeah, technically it's not gonna be your first time outside the walls since you *are* from the outside of the walls... Anyway, you're part of the survey corps now... Well, sort of... Yeah, you'll see how we deal with the titans you sent on us. It's gonna be one of our last missions to eliminate titans.

Hanji sounded even more excited than ever. A few days ago she suggested that you went outside with the survey corps, since you were complaining about being imprisoned by Eldians and missing the feeling of freedom. There was no ending for your complaints, so Hanji thought of a solution to let you go outside and "feel the wind of freedom again" and yet, stay guarded. "It's for your own safety", — she assured you, — "And not because we're afraid you will somehow find your way to the ocean, then cross it and reach Marley and tell'em all about us". Even though, you were a good swimmer and had, in fact, considered running away for a couple of times before, you knew that it was basically impossible and chances to survive were a lot higher for you in here, in Paradise. So, you never thought Hanji would actually go with the plan to let you outside the walls. But killing titans wasn't part of the plan...