A visit

— Sure, you may come in. But... you'll have to take your shoes off at the door.

— What?

Captain Levi stood in the doorway of your room, stunned by the request you just made. Never ever in his life anyone had asked him to take his shoes off before entering a room. He carefully examined the floor and noticed a few motes here and there, but, generally, it was a clean and safe floor. Still, your request was unusual and worried him for some reason. Probably, because he was ashamed of his old and a bit shabby socks. Levi's sight didn't miss your bare feet as well. You were standing in the middle of the room, patiently waiting for an unwanted guest to process your words.

— Sorry. I just really enjoy walking barefoot, so I keep the floors clean and you're wearing boots covered with dust. I don't want dust either on my floor or on my feet. Again. Sorry for the inconvenience. I can give you some slippers if you want. Shall I?

— Fine..., — Levi reluctantly took his long boots off and quickly changed them for the guest slippers you offered. You noticed they were a bit big for him, and you stiffled a giggle at that.

— Where's all your stuff? — Levi crossed the room and observed it one more time. He didn't dare touch anything so just stopped by the window.

— What do you mean? Tea?

— Yes, please. I mean your table is empty. No boxes, no clothes, no shoes... Where's all your stuff? Did it all sink when we took your ship?

— Green or black? — you took out two enormous teamugs from a cupboard in your little kitchen which, actually, took part of the only room you now posessed as a valuable Marleynian hostage of the survey corps.

— What's that? — Levi sounded annoyed. Well, again. After your night encounter a week ago he became even more agressive towards you and you were pretty surprised when his abrupt knock disturbed your yoga class. People here knew nothing about yoga, so you didn't risk showing off your flexibility in various asanas outside your room.

— You want green tea or black tea?

— Green.

— I guess I won't bother asking which kind. You probably don't know the flavours. So, just open that wooden box you see on your right and pick any flavour you happen to like the most.

— You know, — Levi said sarcastically, opening a round box, filled with diverse bags with tea leaves, you brought from Marley (since making a decent cup of coffee here was not an option, you were bound to like, or at least tolerate, drinking tea to freshen up or calm your nerves), — it's rude to make humiliating assumptions about people. Especially, about the descendants of the Devil. They might get offended.

— You know, it's rude to make humiliating assumptions about people. Especially, about those who come with peace to the island of devils. They might get offended, — you mocked Levi, imitating his tone and thinking about all those times Eldians of this island called you "a Marleynian whore from overseas" — your "nickname" they picked up from Marley's soldiers and officers that came with you here. You wondered if Levi ever called you that.

— I'll take that one, — Levi handed you a bag of tea and avoided touching your fingers.

— Hm? Nice choice.

— I'm familiar with many sorts of tea, for your information.

— Do I hear a shadow of pride? — you couldn't help smiling, while filling the cups with boiled water.

— I don't know what you hear, I'm not you.

— Did you come here to insult me?

— What about your things? Where are they?