A little chat

"Hey, Ackerman? I totally forgot to tell y'a. Do me a simple small tiny favour, will you?  Get back alive. 'Cause you see there's an issue now. I'm kinda pregnant. And this little one will need a father. And it better be you, okay? I'm not gonna raise a little killing titans machine on my own. You got me?"

"Understood".

So, you woke up. More like opened your eyes and stared in the moment of horror at the wooden ceiling. You made an unsuccessful attempt to erase the image of you carrying captain's Levi child and him being totally okay with it. The image was horrifying but the thought that rushed through your mind that you actually enjoyed your dream was even more horrifying.

You tried to catch your breath but failed and stood up slowly. You needed to think and examine. You approached a small mirror on the wall opposite your bed. What was the point of denying or fighting your obvious admiration? Captain's demeanour did remind you sometimes of how your father used to treat you. You leaned to study the reflection of your face more closely. Still, why were you attracted to him? Was there anything more than just simple Freudisme, you kept wondering.

The moonlight from the window beside shined over your skin, glowed your eyes and highlighted your hair. You looked good. You felt pretty. You felt confident about yourself. After all, there was not a lot of competition for you here. Yes, of course, girls and women in the survey corps were well-trained, strong, slim, even petite, but mostly illmannered, poorly educated and some were not even familiar with the concept of a regular shower. No, it wasn't like you were comparing yourself to the other girls, possibly wanting to have a go with Levi. Of course not! Though, satisfied with the way you looked and with the imaginary victory you had over all those girls who you thought could be after Levi too, you suddenly shifted your gaze outside the open window. Your sharp hearing grasped some muffled voices from the building opposite your HQs. To the sound of one of the two voices, you managed to distinguish, an army of goosebumps attacked your body.

Oh shit. Really? Really her? The Marleynian arrogant whore? You fucking shit, why would you do that to me?

Captain Levi and Commander Hanji were sitting outside the dining hall. It was a noisy evening and they settled at the back yard porch with some beer, knowing for sure that they wouldn't be heard. Hanji insisted on this talk since she'd noticed that Levi behaved strangely around you. He got grumpier and more silent than ever and sometimes came up with a row of insults towards you just out of nowhere. And since Hanji had grown to like hanging out with you, she decided to have a little chat with her weird colleague. What she didn't expect was that Levi would start talking about you even before she opened her lips to form a question.

— She's awfully loud, she's all over the place, she's with everyone who's got a dick. She's weak, pathetic, helpless, uselles and clearly stupid.

— Clearly? She doesn't seem stupid to me...

— Hanji, she can't even feed a horse? Do you get it? A fucking horse is smarter than her! How hard can it be to put some hay in a wooden box? It's not like we ask her to build a stable around it!

— Oh she really got into you...

— And yesterday she was all charming and laughing her ass out at diner. I even had to leave the place not to hear her. That stupid thing... It feels almost impossible to avoid her. And the guys are losing focus. Have you noticed? She has bad influence on them. She's got to leave. It'll be better without her here. The soldiers should work and train and not get distracted by some coming-from-the-ocean bitch.

— You do realise you've been on and on about her for 10 minutes already? I've never seen you this willing to talk about a woman, — Hanji asked, mockingly glaring at Levi who was nervously fumbling his mug — something Hanji had never noticed him do before.