Chapter sixteen

Henry POV

We remained in our rambling embrace, composedly admiring the company of contact. My liking of this man had become rather fortunate over the past 12 hours, although lingering in his arms was beginning to take its toll on my tiredness. It felt so secure within his soft grip, ranges of emotions subduing my dignity.

"I suppose you should collect your things..." William's chest vibrated as he spoke, a gentle gesture that comforted my hustling thoughts. I wished not to leave this delicate position, but mentally agreed with his logical suggestion; my stationary limbs were yearning to rest within the relaxation of my own home. "Ok, I'll be back in a moment."
William released his grip and let me slide from his front - flashing a smile before I aimlessly wandered from the kitchen. With jelly lacing my spine, I once again travelled across the establishment in the wake of my possessions.

The view had quietened it's intensity of light, fading in vibrancy as clouds blocked the sun - but nonetheless it was a satisfactory image. I had paced the halls like this a number of times during daylight hours, but never without the brutal and sticky company of many parents and unsupervised children. It was unsettling without it's constant buzz of chatter and screams, but alternately rather calming; it made me realise how big this place really was.

Resuming to the office once again, I quickly scraped up the ironically useless items I had brung previously - flipping open my phone to read that the time was 9:30, earlier than I had expected. Everything was carried under my arm with an ease, my movements halting as I briefly pondered over William's desk.
I blushed in the presence of such fantasies, although last night had not been a trick of the imagination. My heart stuttered as I revised the events - driving me from the location in anguish of returning my eagerness. I was not prepared to face such embarrassment.

Once entering the hall again, a time I prayed would be my last, I hastily avoided the shadows to entertain the perpetual trip. I felt more secure with my belongings at my side, majorly my phone.
Quickly enough I returned to the main party room, planting my belongings on the first table near to the entrance. The room was coated in a dull interior, but usually the lighting would saturate the furniture in it's way. It was sodden and sad this like this.

-

"Henry!" I was alarmed by William's call, proactively jogging to the kitchen in a minor urgency, in case of a problem. It hadn't crossed my mind to be resorting to a sprint, but I found myself thoroughly dashing to the room nevertheless. I got to the doorway with a flourishing twist to my stomach, expectant of an issue in my favour; but William simply stood smiling at my presence. "Pizzas ready!" He boldly exclaimed in his pride, while sliding whatever masterpiece he had created onto the pizzeria's plates. I was mostly overjoyed at the statement of food, my concern overwritten in a churning desire to eat. Despite how curious I was of his speed in the process, I couldn't complain - I simply rushed to his remark in a yearning anticipation to satisfy my hunger.

{Any constructive criticism is appreciated!! :))}