Chapter fifteen

(This chapter is a little absent, but I hope you enjoy!!
There should only be a few chapters before the last!!)

Henry POV

The tepid rays of dawn ran along my back, gently easing my slumber to a doze, then hastily into full flowing consciousness. My surroundings were questionable - an unfamiliar ambience ushering to my attention almost immediately. My mind collected my evening's events, my heart thudding as I swept my vision to William's absence. Sitting up, my back throbbed in a tension of pain - my position relieving as I relaxed. I realised I had been covered over with a jacket, one smelling of a recognisable cologne. As much as I was heart-warmed, I felt incredibly disoriented and unknowing of the world around me...

My glasses prodded at my side, before I retrieved and fixed them to their position. I ran a few fingers through my hair and brushed down my front, stretching whilst still sitting down. A strong scent of food seeped to my senses, my stomach whining in a newfound hunger in my routine of awareness. The restaurant couldn't be open could it? Not after the storm... I was apprehensive to investigate, but was curious of the time, or of the foundation's condition. I merely extended my limbs once more, before pressuring my body into a barely standing position.

I felt refreshed and calm, in the wake of my pondering nerves. I caught William's jacket in my arms and proceeded to put on the contending material - it's fitted nature squeezing my arms over the layers of clothing I already wore. With the continually surging scent of food, I marched to the door, pressing my ear to the wood. I could hear no specific sounds, simply the generic heating mechanism as it rumbled throughout the building. Deciding of the establishment's lacking in customers, I pulled the door open and briskly strode into the hallway - admiring the cast of bright and beautiful lighting.

I advanced through the building, crossing the empty main hall and searching the security office. William's presence remained lacking in my wake, despite my continuous attempt of finding him. Addressing his possible location, I wandered to the building's kitchen - a place I instinctively should have checked first. The imposing smell of food pestered at my desire to consume, but assured me of William's whereabouts.

-

I entered the room, acknowledging the scene laying before me; as William inventively tended to his preparation. He was in depth of his cooking, a focused expression knitted to his actions. It was surprising to see his skill within this area, but quite threatening to watch his speed of the sharpened utensils - although I deemed it as quite admirable. I strolled into the vast environment with an awkward sense, leaning against a countertop opposite William. He noticed me almost immediately, a smile plastering to his face. I bit my lip in apprehension, my arms automatically tensing.

"Morning!" His voice arose over the avail of bland refrigeration; somewhat echoing to the flutter in my throat. I was comfortable in his presence, however unapproachable in the state of confronting last night's actions. "Good morning..." I spoke barely audible. I was almost curious to know what William was crafting, before I found myself dumbstruck within the intentions of this business. He slid two identical, almost indistinguishably differenced pizzas into the industrial-sized oven with ease.

Once completing his efforts, he patted his hands together in removal of flour, before striding to my position with a gleeful guise. "Sleep well?" His beaming accent warmed my face.
"Yes, thank you..." I nodded as I spoke, as if to reassure my gesture of approval.
"Great!! The weather is so much clearer now, it's as if the storm didn't impact hurricane as much as it said it would!"
"That's really good..." I shyly dismissed any comeback, wary of William bringing up our actions any second.
"Yes! And it means that all you guys get a day off!! Once we've eaten, we can evacuate this rigid building in freedom."
I smiled towards his exaggeration, moving closer to his stance.
"Thank you, William."
"You're most welcome, Henry~!!"
He advanced in my favour before wrapping his arms around my waist, completely eliminating the tension to pretend. I clutched his front, staring beyond his figure in a joyous momentum - my senses melting to this unruly acceptance.

{Any constructive criticism is appreciated!!:))}

Helliam//Willryजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें