Chapter four

((A/N) I know this chapter is quite short and plot changing, but I was a bit unsure as how I could make the story lead to a certain point - I hope it's not too quick!!) <3

Henry POV

The door opened to reveal a pitch black lighting, William evidently strolling into the room to regulate illumination. After a few moments, The lights suddenly flickered to a mid-yellow radiance, exposing a minority of furnishings; plastered in paperwork. "Uhm... it's a bit messy..."
William looked amusingly ashamed of his working space,
his gaze directly dusting the series of coffee mugs accumulated at his desk.
"That's fine." I looked around, my head pulsing as I scanned the ridiculous masses of paper that were piled in every corner - it could not be healthy to work in an environment like this. It seemed that William was aware of this, leaving me in a dreaded awkward silence, and I once again placed down my possessions, my mind whirring in a suddenly agonising state. I felt a growing disorientation in my vision - a raw anticipation of adrenaline sprawling throughout my veins.

All of a sudden, my heart began beating fast, as I snickered at the expense of my nervousness; my knees quaked in a childlike fear. For some reason, I was unable to prevent my anxiety; rapidly sloping to the floor as my legs grew weak. It was embarrassing as I clambered to the wooden boards, tears flowing down my face - but I had fallen too quiet for William to notice. He continued to potter around his office state, my face heating a higher crimson at every moment.
In a contradiction to my desire, my breath hitched in failure to contain a cry - catching his attention. William raced over to me in instant proactivity, crouching to my belittling position. His hands locked to my shoulders, as he clearly mistook my surging adrenaline for somewhat of a panic attack.

"Henry, calm down. Everything is going to be fine." His face faltered as he spoke unsurely,  despite attempt to convince my fear. Everything happened so fast - I couldn't speak, it was as if I wasn't in control of my own body, dramatically perched over the vision of an ill figure. My senses blurred, as I grappled at my thoughts to figure the eruption of this emotional charge. I screwed my eyes shut; unable to process anything. All I could feel was the consistent trembling of my body - huddled helplessly in a once preventable situation...

Any constructive criticism is appreciated!! :))