Chapter 21- I'm So Happy I Could Go Supernova

The first thing I noticed when I opened my eyes after waking up was Kyoko laying beside me on my bed, but the thing I noticed the most was the position that we were in.

No, we didn't end up in some lewd position or whatever, get your mind out of the goddamn gutter.

Basically, I usually sleep on my side with my left arm out and bent beside my head, Kyoko was in that same position, however she had her fingers curled around my hand while her hand was on top of mine.

I couldn't help the smile that overcame me as I held her hand.

"What's gotten you smiling like that all of a sudden?" Kyoko smirked as she spoke in a tired voice.

"Oh, it's nothing" I reply, trying to play it off.

"How long have you been awake for?" I ask.

"I've been awake for a while now, I was going to go back to sleep but then you woke up" 

I just nod in response.

Gosh, I really have no idea how to feel about all this, I don't mean that in a bad way of course, I really enjoyed this as a matter of fact.

God I'm hella touch-starved.

But hmmm, I wonder what time it is?  

"Oh, and by the way" Kyoko starts.

"You're legally obligated to keep holding my hand like this"

I laugh at her comment.

"Yeah of course, as long as you also keep holding my hand" I joke.

"Consider it done" She smiles.

Hold up, I guess now would be a perfect time to ask a shit ton of questions I have about literally this entire situation, but I guess now would be a good time to start with this question;

"Hey, so uh, kind of a dumb question but are we like, I dunno... dating now?" I ask with uncertainty.

"Yes, we are, I've also liked you for a while now so I was surprised when you told me that you liked me, I was going to also confess to you after we'd kissed but we both fell asleep" Kyoko says while blushing.

"Ah, ok, um, that's cool" I nod, not really knowing how to respond to that.

"By the way, in case you're wondering, no I didn't forget about the almost kiss we had that one time, that's the main reason I wanted this entire thing in the first place"

"Is it bad if I say 'that's a relief?'" I ask.

"No, not at all" She says with a laugh.

"I was hoping you wouldn't forget about it" She adds on.

"How could I? I literally spent all my time wondering what would've happened if Hina didn't accidently interrupt" I say, looking away from slight embarrassment. 

Y'know, it just hit me how intimate this conversation is starting to get, I swear we went from 0 to 100 real fucking quick. Is this what they refer to as 'pillow talk?'

"Funny you mention that, I told Hina some details from that night and she was so disappointed when she found out unintentionally interrupted the moment" Kyoko says while smiling.

"Ha, I could imagine, funny how that happened when she's the one who's been shipping us all this time" I laugh.

"Honestly"

"Another question I've been meaning to ask, when Hina and Sayaka asked to talk to you, did they also talk to you about our whole 'relationship'?" I ask.

"Yes they did, I'm guessing they did the same to you?" 

"Yeah, heh, we really owe it to them" I nod.

"We really do, despite the fact that they can be pushy at times" She adds on.

"True" I reply, even though they may be pushy that's just what makes them, them, and quite honestly I thank them for that, heck if it weren't for that conversation I feel like I'd still be in denial about this all.

We stayed talking like this for a while, until it became 6:50 AM, meaning that school would start soon and we had to get to class, at least we wouldn't have to worry about changing clothes or anything since y'know, we literally fell asleep in what we were wearing yesterday evening.

Also, I found out that we'd start our conversation at 6AM meaning we'd almost talked for a full hour, quite crazy to think about to be honest.

Anyways, we made our way to class and as we were going to our seat, we immediately noticed Hina and Sayaka waving us over, oh yeah and Makoto was there too but he was just doing his own thing.

"Hey you two!" Hina said to Kyoko and I as we sat down.

We both greet her and that's when we hear Sayaka saying;

"Sooo, I'm guessing one of you ended up confessing and it all went well?" She smirked.

"Yes, although the person who was doing it ended up running away" Kyoko teased while turning to look at me.

I sigh before saying "Listen, I just got extremely nervous" I say, teasing back.

"You know it's genuine when they're already starting to argue like an old married couple" Hina chimed in.

"All jokes aside though, we're both really happy for you both" She continued.

"True, we're glad we finally managed to get our ship together" Sayaka said all of a sudden.

"Thanks Hina, and uh, good for you, Sayaka?" I say with confusion in my voice.

"But honestly when we were talking to you separately we didn't expect the results" Sayaka started again.

"What do you mean?" I ask her.

"It's just that Kyoko straight up admitted her feelings for you, meanwhile you were in denial" 

For some reason I start blushing at that.

"I didn't know you were in denial" Kyoko said while looking at me.

"Ahahaha yeah..." I awkwardly laugh.

"Hey, you wanna know wanna know what'd be cool? Changing the subject" I say.

"Ok, sure, but one more thing though" Hina says.

"What?" I ask.

"Unless you want us to, we'll never tell anyone about your guys' relationship, we'll keep it a secret"

"Thanks, once again" I smile.

"Hey, not trying to eavesdrop here but I overheard something about a relationship?" Makoto asks, turning in his seat to face our direction.

"Yeah, Y/N and Kyoko got together" Hina says.

"Wow, so much for that" I say sarcastically.

"It's fine though, I did kind of want to tell him since I felt like he was literally being left in the dark about everything" 

"I am so sorry" Hina said apologetically 

"Once again, it's fine" I laugh.

"Oh, congrats you two!" 

I thank him, and afterwards they surprisingly ended up changing the topic.

The five of us ended up talking until class started.

(A/N) Hey, thanks for reading Chapter 21 of this book. A few things to say for this one, sorry for the short chapter, I'm kind of at the point in the book where I want to try and move things along more but not too fast, especially since this book is kind of close to ending (Chapter 30) and we're pretty much at the climax stage so I have some things planned out for the future chapters. Anyways, I'll see you all in the next chapter. Bye.