𝟎𝟏𝟗 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐓𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐕𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲

**✿❀○❀✿**

❝𝘘𝘶𝘪-𝘎𝘰𝘯 𝘑𝘪𝘯𝘯 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘳𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘮𝘦𝘯 𝘐'𝘷𝘦 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘮𝘦𝘵, 𝘪𝘧 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘩𝘺 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘪𝘵𝘭𝘦. 𝘋𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘥𝘪𝘴𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘱𝘦𝘤𝘵 𝘩𝘪𝘮. ❞
                       - 𝐂𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐬é 𝐀. 𝐀𝐦𝐢𝐝𝐚𝐥𝐚 𝐍𝐚𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐞

**✿❀○❀✿**

»»-----------►Clarissé

❝𝐌𝐘 𝐆𝐔𝐄𝐒𝐒 𝐈𝐒 the Viceroy is in the throne room,❞ I commented as soon as the endless firing blaster shots waned away, the battle droids had all fallen, and Panaka met my handmaidens and I in the center of the hanger, his own group of fighters following obediently behind him.

Panaka deliberated this for a moment, before he swiftly jerked towards his men and ordered firmly, "Red Group, Blue Group, everybody, this way."

We all ran over to the doorway to get out, but we soon found a black shadow looming over us in an intimidating stance, blocking our way out of the massive hanger.

The man, who I could tell was a male due to his broad shoulders, was cloaked and I couldn't see very much of his face, but he appeared to be a blood red color.

Panaka and I slowly backed away, not wanting to start another fight with the hooded figure, in fear that we would never get to the Viceroy in time.

Qui-Gon, who had gone to talk to Anakin who was surely told to go and hide, as he was not meant for this battle, stood firmly in front of me as he suggested, "We'll handle this..." His voice had an odd, untamable grit to it, and I couldn't find myself to disagree with him, so I nodded, turned to the rest of my strong cadets and announced, "We'll take the long way."

My troops nodded as they went off to find the hidden, side entrance to the hanger. I stayed behind, however, feeling gravely worried for Qui-Gon, who I genuinely considered to be my friend.

"Be safe," I told him in a strained voice, not wanting to lose the man who had brought me to Tatooine, where I found my first experience of freedom, and the place where I met one peculiar little boy and his beautiful mother.

Qui-Gon smiled slightly at me before promising, "I will, but you need to stay safe as well, your Majesty. We cannot lose our leader, now can we?"

I chuckled quietly at the man as I gave him one last heartfelt smile, and jogged my way over to my awaiting cadets, feeling a sinking feeling deep in my core, somehow knowing that something truly bad was about to occur.

I didn't know it at the time, but something horribly wrong was about to occur.

**✿❀○❀✿**

»»-----------►Clarissé

𝐁𝐄𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐖𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃 get to our hidden escape, more droid destroyers perked up on us, taking us by complete surprise as we were ambushed. To save ourselves from being absolutely neutralized, we ran for shelter underneath yet another tall pillar, taking cover as a sense of deja-vu washed over me when I began to once again fire off my useful blaster a countless number of times.

Just as my arm was starting to cramp up and the droids were getting harder to defeat, a large, buzzing laser from a nearby freighter activated, destroying the remaining destroyers.