Peace

The Prince

For the first time in many days did both Adam and Eve sleep in peace. Once their bellies were full of veggies, they shut their eyes and fell asleep next to the dwindling fire. They didn't wake until a swarm of sparrows swooped down tweeting while eating their scraps from the night before. They woke refreshed and alive, they never felt more alive.

"Good morning" Eve sung as she stretched out her arms and stood admiring the birds. At her movement though the birds swarmed away, Eve called to them to come back, but they continued to fly into the forest of trees.

Today was a fresh new day, a fresh start. Adam still slept and Eve now knew better than to wake him. Eve marched through the trees singing soft songs as she went. She walked only a short distance before she saw an array of bushes, all covered with berries. The bushes were round and flopped down, hiding the ground underneath it. She saw berries red as blood, blue as the sky, and black as the deepest night. As she reached for the berries she thought back to what Adam had said about what food might harm us; like the forbidden fruit. She decided it best to take some of each and show them to Adam, have him help decide if they are safe or not.

"Eve, where did you go? What are those?" Adam picked up the berries from Eve's hand and plopped them in his mouth before Eve had a chance to talk.

"Adam" She screamed "spit it out!" she slapped Adam's face and dropped the remaining berries.

"What?" he said berry juice dripping from his lips.

"What if... if it's poisoness?" Adams concerned face glanced down at the chewed up berries. Eve stood transfixed in her spot staring at him, waiting to see if the berries had any negative effect on him. "Well?" she questioned taking a step closer, examining his face.

"I feel fine; it was really good before... you know, before you hit me."

"So you don't feel sick, or in pain?"

"No Eve, I feel fine. Where did you get those?" Eve pointed a long thin finger into the forest. "Let's go get some more." Eve stood puzzled a moment longer as Adam started to walk in the direction Eve pointed. He wiped the juice from his face and called for Eve to follow, she stayed a moment longer though, staring at the chewed berries on the ground. "Come on" he said annoyed. "I don't where it is, you have to show me." Eve followed and then led the way to the berry bushes.

"Beautiful, delicious and hopefully not going to kill us." Eve said after eating a few of the red berries.

Eat children, eat, and enjoy the fruit of his labor. For once winter comes, you will not be as thrilled with this new life God gave you. You will curse his name for being you famine, pestilence, and drought. You will cry out in pain and hate the moment you turned your back on me.

"Thank you God, for all you have given us." Eve calls out, still enjoying her berries.

Call out to him, and continue to call out, for he will not answer you, he will leave you, just as he did in Eden.

*******

The King

They are pleased in all they have done. They started a beautiful foundation to raise a family. They explored the earth finding animals which they kept their distance from, fruit and veggies that they gathered and brought back to their camp site. Eve created a small bed for her bunny to sleep. Adam went and Eve spend a lot of time talking of the future, the past and how to survive the present while weaving baskets and creating new clothing. As they talked they grew closer and found peace in the silence of this new land.

They still talk to me but, I do not reply, not out loud at least. They speak to me and ask for help and forgiveness still, but I have forgiven them. I saw it coming. I knew they would betray me and I know that they will continue to sin each day, even if unintentionally. They are sinners, so they brought sin into the world. Now, my once perfect world is no longer perfect but, I knew that would happen. I didn't want sin to cover the world. I would have loved to keep to perfect but I want people to have the chance to follow me. To come to me, even though the silence. Without sin the world would be prefect and everyone world go to heaven. I would have never had to send my son; he would have never had to die on the cross. (MAKE THIS BETTER)

But they that wait upon the lord shall renew their strength. They shall mount up with wings as eagles.

ADAM

It's been a hard road to get here you and me. It's been a very long and treacherous road and I wouldn't of made it without you all the pain all the broken pieces of our life melted back together I'm so grateful to have you please don't let me do anything else ever scare you away ever again remember that moment when you ran away in fear I hope I've done enough to redeem myself to show you that I am the man you thought I was all along that I knew I could be please never leave me those moments without you you're the worst moments of my life. I love you forever and always.

EVE

I felt as though there should be something to unify us to merge us together as one. A vow that we will always be together. Marriage. He asked.

I'm not good at words but I knew to say yes and I know to say I do.

My throat catches and I'm not even speaking.

I love you and want to spend the rest of my life with you. But isn't that obvious. You make me want to be my best self and my best self is always with you.

This kind of love feels like an extra skin sewn on top of mine and removing you would be like losing myself. To morbid, to gross. You are like a limb. No still to gross.

You make my stomach do flips which is sometimes why I only eat salads because anything more feels like my body couldn't handle the amazingness that radiates off of you.

Ahh why do words have to be like this. So hard.

If my heart could skip without ending in my death or my stomach could really have butterflies flying around in me. Or if there really was a frog in my throat. All the things that would kill me. I would endure to spend forever with you.

You are gorgeous. But also you are smart like really smart you got all the skills with numbers and awful things that I never got from in school. You are funny; well you try to be funny which is funny and adorable. Oh and speaking of adorable you are so amazing with kids which is prefect because I want like three kids well realistically 2 but three being boy girl boy and their names will be- okay getting off topic. Where was I? Oh yes you being amazing and adorable and I love you.

Everything inside me said yes and I felt like I was home.

All I want to do is make you happy.

I go from the saddest to the happiest person when I'm around you.

This sounds to cheesy way to weird and cheesy. All the good parts were cheesy and the rest is just stupid and weird.

I would love to say I remember the day I was created I would love to say my eyes met yours and you were the only thing I looked at but I looked at everything else. The sky the grass the animals oh all the animals and the flowers so vibrant and full of color you were just one of the many things my eyes crossed. But after all this time, after everything we have been through. all the good and all the bad i come back to you every time. you and God were my one constant throughout the turmoil, and now it seems as though we have all the time in the world to figure out what we are going to do with teh rest of our lives. No garden, no serpent, yet we still get to feel all the pains and joys of life. The pain doesnt seem as awful anymore. Not like at first. Not that first moment of pain. This pain, this joy is ours, our hope, our freedom.