Jumping at every sound

KING/PRINCE

Adam and eve meandered the garden in the dark jumping at every rustle of bushes or growl in the distance. What happen? What went so wrong? This can't all be because of that stupid piece of fruit can it? Adam questioned as they made their way through the woods slowly and cautiously. Eve just shook her head afraid something would hear them. Adam on the other hand couldn't stop talking or more or less yelling. Yelling at God, yelling at the serpent, yelling at anyone that might hear him. Days of this madness and decay days without God, where was he and why isn't he coming back?

He screamed at the animals and the rotting trees, kicking up their dead leaves as they walked. Then all of a sudden he stopped.

Eve didn't notice at first she was trying to figure out what to do how to earn god's grace and fix the garden. But he wasn't listening to her, did he care that he left them hopeless and defenseless among the monstrous creatures he created? Eve kept walking thinking through her problems and how to survive in darkness when all she wanted was the light, Gods light to come back into her life again. Eve, Adam said softly, but she kept walking, Eve Adam muttered again louder this time she still kept walking Damnnit eve turn around he whisper shouted at her back and she spun around so fast she became dizzy. Once she regained her footing she focused her eyes on Adam. The serpent was back.

Eve ran towards Adam and grasped his hand. This is all your fault Eve yelled. Why did I ever listen to you? Our life was perfect and now it's... its... this! She motioned to the darkness and decay of the garden. The serpent just smiled and slithered away. Gah! Eve yelled up the tree at the serpent I hate you, you ruined everything. They started to turn to continue on their trek to find God to apologies means but the serpent fell from the tree landing in their way. My fault? He hissed, I merely gave you an idea to eat the most beautiful delicious fruit in the garden and you did just that. I didn't force you to eat it you wanted that fruit and you took it with pleasure and I am the one to blame? You foolish little girl I am not the bad guy here, God is he thinks he can just leave you here to rot away until you become like these trees he grasped a piece of peeling bark of the tree and flung it at Adam with his stripped tail. You foolish, foolish girl this was your choice it is not my fault if you think what you did was wrong. Adam and eve just stood their silent thinking over what they did was this really their fault? They couldn't help but think as they glanced in each other's direction eve could tell they were thinking the same thing. For a moment the serpent was silent as if letting them think over their own failures. Please do tell me again how this is my fault... the serpent sneered at them. But eve had nothing to say anymore. And Adam was speechless for once. Well now that we are in agreement that this is our fault and not mine, I would absolutely love if I could help you.

Help eve thought what a ridiculous idea he was the one that got them into this mess and now he wants to help. Adam and eve stayed silent and waited for the serpents offer. They didn't know what to do without god everything was perfect and now it's a disaster. I will take your silence as a yesss the serpent hissed out and started to slither away. Adam and eve followed.

ADAM

We have a choice to make a choice to do good or to do evil. These thoughts and ideas have never come to mind before. I never thought such cruel things upon any one and now my mind is clouded with hate and anger.

We made a choice to eat the forbidden fruit but we didn't think that it was entirely wrong for God would not have created something evil. Would he?

Why is there evil I asked myself as we followed the serpent, why would God create things he thought would corrupt his beautiful garden.

As we walk a trip upon a fallen branch, this tree was so beautiful once upon a time but now, I rise up and watch the garden decay.

EVE

We follow the serpent I'm not entirely sure why but he is here and God isn't so I feel as though he might the one saving us from Gods wrath. My brain crunches for answers as my body mindlessly follows the serpent alone the beaten trail.

I don't know how it happened I think but I can't trick my mind into thinking everything will be fine, okay that's a lie I do know how it happened. The apple, the forbidden fruit. I think back to its taste so juicy and crisp then I look to Adam his arm still wrapped with leaves and his face burns with pain. but I didn't think it would come to this Adam and I were just... playing around, we thought nothing of it, really we didn't think twice about it we thought that something so beautiful could never be bad or wrong but I guess we were wrong and I don't know how to fix it. My thoughts cry out to God but the serpent's path is what we are following, his ways we are trusting. It is stupid of us to trust something that caused God to leave us but our hopelessness and fear is greater than our strength to continue to fight on our own.

I couldn't see any other choice I would tell God. I had to follow the serpent. I had to, you weren't here and we needed someone greater than us. We called to you but you didn't answer, why do you never answer anymore?

We walked along the quite path followed the serpent down a now empty land. The animals had disappeared but not for long. I heard their grumbling from across the once rushing stream. I stopped walking. I stopped following. Adam kept going I don't think he noticed.

I wanted to scream and shout but all I could was cry and cry and hope that God would hear my cries and come back. But no, he didn't come and I was still alone. Adam and the serpent were out of my line of vision now. I should have kept going, I shouldn't have stopped. Now I'm sure to be lost. I tried to gather myself and trudged a few paces forward but a rotted apple caught my eye.

I moved towards the buzzing flies covering the apple. Two bites. This was our apple. This was the apple that ruined everything. I delicately gingerly picked it up. Then with none of the grace I once used I threw it as far and as hard as I could. Once the apple left my grasp I couldn't tell if I was screaming or crying. Maybe both. My chest heaving and eyes puffy I focused on the direction I threw the apple. Someone thing was there. Or was it someone.

Quickly I moved towards the figure God I called moving faster but when I reached the figure it was only a tree. A fallen tree.

I came across a fallen tree. Nothing more, just a dead decaying tree. But somehow I felt the branches of it looking at me. Pleading for me.

I sat atop the fallen tree and looked over the land, is this the land I used to love, is this the land I had dreams of.

Eve! I heard Adam calling me his voice urgent. Eve he called again. But found me before I had a chance to answer. I rose from the tree and met his gaze.

What are you doing? I heard you scream and came running but the fog got so strong. Didn't you hear me calling you? He was upset yet he hugged me, pulling me into his embrace. We stayed there as if frozen in the garden; no one and nothing could touch us.

I found the tree. Was all I could say.

What?

The tree we ate the apple from. The forbidden apple, the forbidden tree. My voice was merely a whisper.