Pain

ADAM

I knew this lion would come back to be a pain in my butt. I pulled Eve backwards trying to get her behind me. She's shaking and calling to Meredith trying to reason with her but it's no use, Meredith is no longer our friend, she can no longer understand us. She is no more than a monster now. I find a rock, its long and sharp, no weapon but it's something and hopefully it will be enough to get us away from her before she has us for a meal. I clutched the rock so harshly it stings my hand; I push eve back further and just then Meredith lunges at us. I jab the rock over and over but the pain of a Meredith clamping on my arm is too much. Eve kicks at the tree trying to get down a branch to help or maybe to climb up but the tree falls instead, landing on Meredith as she cries out in pain then there's nothing. I watch her breathing stop and release the useless rock.

"What's happened?" eve asked and I look back to her, she had tears in her eyes and her breathing is shallow. I forget the pain radiating though my arm because my adrenaline is pumping making my heart race and I too have a quickened breath. We are a mess, confused and in treacherous pain but we are alive.

"Your arm!" she cries out and goes to grab some leaves, the pain is so strong that once Meredith last breath releases I feel nothing but pain. Everything hurt, as if it wasn't just my arm, but my legs and my head, everywhere. Everything hurts.

"Adam." Eves voice was distant and the lion figure became blurred then fogy. I'm on the ground, I'm not sure when I got here but I can't move. I can't move.

"Adam" she says again and feels her hand on my good shoulder and then leaves press on my wounds I cry out startling eve because she moves away for a moment then presses again.

"I'm... sorry Adam" she says hesitantly and I felt a tear fall from her to me.

EVE

"You can't not exist anymore." I say as I pressed more leaves on his wounds. "It's too deep there's so much blood and he's in too much pain. I don't know how to fix him." My mind races for answers but I only get more questions.

"God please help him. I will do anything and everything you want for the rest of my life just please help him!" I'm screaming and rushed for words I scan the sky, then the ground and there is no response "please!" I scream again trying to get Gods attention. "I hate you" I yell out and run to the stream dunking the leaves in the water and bringing them back to Adam.

He moans out in pain but I need to fix him or I might lose him. My gaze goes back to Meredith and her unmoving body. The tree fell, Meredith is gone and Adam he can't leave me too. Please I beg silently as I tend to his arm.

Adams eyes flicker open and close please don't leave me. I think back to his words don't leave me. I thought it was crazy why would I leave him?

But now, "I should have made you promise not to leave me" I say my voice is harsh unintentionally but I can't help my temper. "You said not to leave you so that should have gone both ways. You don't leave me and I don't leave you!" I'm crying so harshly my whole body shakes. I unsteadily stand rushing to get more water, "I should have made you promise" I whisper pain taking over me.

My vision goes blurry and I can't focus on Adams arm, "stop it" I yell at my body. "Do as you were created to do and live!" My commands do nothing for me, my vision is still blurred and everything starts to spin.

"You can't be this way" I demand "you have to be strong and you have to fix Adam" a thudding starts in my head and my chest begins to pound. It hurts, everything hurts. But my pain is nothing compared to Adams to I needed to be strong. "Be strong Eve" I said my voice small and pathetic, "be strong, be brave, be-"