As night fell

KING/PRINCE

As night fell Adam and Eve found shelter near a new hollow tree. It seemed as though all the trees began to hollow out and provide shelter but eve knew different. The trees were dying and soon the trees would all fall down and rot and mold. They wouldn't be safe from the wild wind and the roaming creatures much longer. Adam dozed off right away but Eve couldn't understand this day, it had been too crazy. She sat outside the tree and stared out at the sky. It was cloudy and the stars were nowhere in sight. There were always stars. Shadows wisp along in the night making Eve shake and retreat back to the tree. The fire Adam has made has long gone out to the night breeze shook Eve to her core. Adam was snoring; Eve was never going to get any sleep. She was freezing and between the howls of the animals and Adams snoring she could barely her herself think. She had never missed a night's sleep in her life. Now within the past two weeks of Eden falling to pieces she couldn't remember what a safe night's sleep looked like anymore. She peered out the large hole in the tree and thought she saw what appeared to be a serpent in distance. It was beautiful and hideous all at once. Eve leaned further out the tree, the serpent moved closer; just enough that it looked like it was smiling. "Snakes don't smile Eve" she told herself. But then she thought back to the serpent that tricked them and betrayed their trust. She wondered a long while what happened to the serpent. Was that him? Or was the devious serpent eaten up by a hawk? She regretting thinking that he was dead but she had no desire to ever see him again. She wished so much that she could take back that day, that hour, that moment of stupidity and foolishness. Then everything would be as it once was. Eve glanced at Adam and peered over to see his arm, torn and bleeding out still. Infection came to Eves mind. A disease that will make his wound worse. I need to clean it, to fix it, to mend it back together. But Eve didn't know how to do these things, she never needed to, they were never hurt, sick or in pain before this.

She stared at Adam watching him sleep, so peaceful, so calm, so brave she thought. Then she thought back to the word beautiful. The animals were beautiful, the flowers and trees everything in the garden was beautiful Adam was a different kind of beautiful.

Unique, intricate, not beautiful, but original, words swirled in Eves mind trying to avoid all the pain and only see the beauty. Eve thought through all the new words that spun through her mind trying to pick a word to describe Adam but nothing sounded right. Adam was Adam, and he was the one and only, he was special just as she.

After what seemed like a never ending night of worry and frustration Eve gave up on sleep and nudged Adam awake. He could see the worry in her eyes and he felt it too, it was never going to be the same. It was never going to be perfect again.

ADAM

Everything hurts all over. It feels as though my bones are broken. Shattered and jutting towards my muscle tear away at me with every move. Eve helps me sit up and her eyes unintentionally move to my arm.

"I can't move, if I don't move the pain subsides. Its sill there, but it's less". Eve hesitantly nodded at my words

"What's wrong?" I lie in pain and hope this is all just a bad dream that I will wake up and we will be back in Eden with God right there next to us. But Eve just shakes her head away and looks out at the world before us.

The pain relocates with every move. Now it's just in my right arm and it burns and then the pain drops to my right leg. Did something attack me last night but I see no sign of bruising or skin tare I look the same as when I had fallen asleep but I feel like I was tosses around in a lion's mouth, even more than before.

Eve jumps up making a small eke, I try and stand up stumble on myself. "What?" I ask trying not to be too annoyed at my inability to stand and more concerned for Eve's reaction.

"I felt a tight pinch on my arm" she states scratching at her arm so violently I think she might scratch her skin off. "Ah, ha" she yells "it's a bug, a bug bit me!" anger confusion and relief runs through her voice, as only pain and confusion washes over me. "A small bug, a tick," she jabs at it with her fingers "it's sinking its teeth into me! Off!" she screams digging her nails deeper into her flesh once she is satisfied that she removed the bug, the tick she flicks it away. I move to her to see the spot growing red, it looks as though it's a target underneath the red scrapes from Eves finger nails. "Darn bug". She said and went to stomp on it but the tiny bug had disappeared. I stayed silent as I watched Eve move along the area shaking her arms and legs from the night's stillness. "Ready to go? I'm hungry and think I need to find something to eat."

Eve walked to me and I felt the same "yeah I could eat" so we went, we didn't know where but together we didn't feel lost.