Friends or 'Friends' (Raon/friends)

Author's Note: this is a oneshot from my Raon Miru's Journal. Just another little misunderstanding seen from Raon's point of view.

_____

"Your highness, the future sun of the-"

"Stop," the crown prince cut the human off.

Raon was lying behind the communication device as he listened to his human talk to the crown prince. Raon always made sure to listen because their talks always led to a lot of money. It also usually led to them scamming bad guys. Raon felt a grin coming on at the thought of all the money they will come in to.

The human conversed with the crown prince for a while before being cut off by the crown prince. They always hung up with the crown prince being the one to cut the connection, and he usually did it with a sigh or a shake of his head.

Anyone would think that the crown prince didn't like his human but Raon knew better. The two were smart and always knew what the other was thinking. They also always wore the same smile-especially when they were about ready to scam someone.

"They really are great friends," Raon commented to On and Hong, who were laying beside him.

Hong nodded his head vigorously while On just gave the two of them a look.

"You don't think so?" He asked On.

On shook her head. "I think they are friends."

Raon cocked his head to the side, unsure of why On's tone sounded exaggerated and heavy on the word 'friend'. Did her sentence have a double meaning?

"That's what we just said," Hong whined.

. . . . .

"Goldie!"

Raon flew to the white-gold dragon. It was the next day and Eruhaben was down in his lab, tinkering with something.

Eruhaben released a heavy sigh. "What, little kid? I'm busy." Even though he said that, he still stopped in his tinkering and turned to face Raon.

"On said something funny. Our human and the crown prince are friends but On made it sound like they aren't."

Eruhaben tilted his head to the side in thought. ". . .They are friends." He turned away from Raon and started mixing things together. "What exactly did she say?"

Raon then told Goldie Gramps word for word what On had said and even mimicked her tone.

Eruhaben stopped his mixing and turned toward Raon. "You are an idiot, little kid."

"I am not! I am smart, and great and mighty!" came Raon's automatic response. Goldie Gramps was always teasing him.

Eruhaben sighed before speaking. "What do you know about making a family?"

Raon puffed out his chest and spoke proudly. "I know lots! You can create a family by gathering others like the human has! You can also create a family like how the human's parents have!"

Eruhaben nodded his head at Raon's response. "Sometimes-I have seen throughout my years-you will have two beings of the same gender creating a family like Count Henituse and his wife."

Raon's eyes widened. "You mean they can have kids! Like if it was Rosalyn and Mary?"

Eruhaben sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. "No, they cannot produce children. What I mean is- no, nevermind." He then waved Raon off before turning back to his work.

"Fine, I'll just ask the human."

"Don't. It's supposed to be a-" Eruhaben's fell on death's ear as Raon shot out of the lab and flew upstairs to where his human was sitting on his favorite rocker.

"Human!" Raon shouted.

His human turned to stare at him. "Yes?"

"Are you and the crown prince friends or 'friends'?"

His human's eyebrows scrunched up and his brown eyes showed his confusion. "Friends? Why ask something so obvious?" He laid a hand on Raon's head and proceeded to look out the window.