Nine

I knew that I wouldn't be able to fall asleep tonight.
It's not that I'm uncomfortable with Jay, but because my mind was far too busy to allow me to rest.

My eyes flutter over to the sleeping boy, examining his relaxed features. He even looks handsome when he isn't awake.

He looked so gentle while he's sleeping, unlike when he is fully awake. I can't help but wish that he would be sweet all of the time. But it's not right to ask that of him, considering that it's not his personality.

Yet I still feel like he has a soft spot.
Maybe I can bring it out of him.
It won't happen over night, but who says it isn't worth a try? I think that it would be worth it.

Watching his chest rise and fall softly reminds me that he is still a human being. It's absurd to forget that, but sometimes I get so caught up in categorizing him as a 'player' that I forget he's a human.

It may sound creepy, watching him sleep. But Jay's ego is so large that I'm sure it would only boost it if he found out that I was.

Just then, my phone chimed. It rang throughout the room, making me cringe at the loud volume. Hopefully it doesn't wake Jay up.

But who would be trying to get ahold of me at this hour?

I groan, trying to reach for the device that is laid on the bedside table.

"So far away," I whisper to myself, wishing that my arms were just a bit longer.

You see, normally it wouldn't be a problem. But Jay's arms are wrapped tightly around me. If I were to pry myself out of his grip, he surely would pull me back.

"Raina," his husky voice says in a mumble. I freeze, unaware if he is awake or not.

"Hmm," I hum, switching my gaze to him.
His eyes were lightly shut.

"Where are you going? Stay with me." He speaks.

"I'm not going anywhere," I answer, fighting back a chuckle. He is definitely still half asleep.

A cool breeze blew through the room, causing me to squint my eyes in confusion. I shivered, looking over to the window of his room. It was slightly open.

The nights can get very cold in temperature, so I don't know why Jay would just leave his window open like that.

A gentle breeze blew the curtains, making them flutter up in unpredictable movements. I was only in a tee shirt, so there's no doubt that I will easily get too cold.

"Jay," I whisper, nuzzling closer to him.
"It's cold." I whine into his neck.

His breathing changes, signaling that he is awake now. His strong arms then hold me so tightly against his body, I thought we might fuse into one.

"Hmm," he hummed into my ear, caressing the bare skin of my arms. His hands were surprisingly warm.

"I like it cold," he answered while placing a soft kiss on my temple, and then on my shoulder.

I shivered again, but it wasn't from the wind. He leaned back, examining me closely.

"Are you really that cold?" He asks, eyes scanning mine.

I shake my head. I don't want to burden him, so it only makes sense to put up with it.

"But you keep shaking..." he trails off. A frown found his lips.

"I'm okay, don't worry." I assure, giving him a weak smile.

He leans towards me, nibbling on my lips. After getting over the shock from his sudden action, I respond to the kiss.
I can feel him smiling, which brings butterflies to my stomach.