7

Cora's POV
The amount of butterflies he just made me feel was unbelievable.

I thought as I huffed, changing into something less cute but still manageable. It's the last clothing piece Paisley lent to me.

These few clothing pieces she gave to me made me feel happier than I almost ever have

I felt so much more expressive. I was slightly irritated with Christian making me change...I mean come on, it's not like I'd bend down in public! I pouted as I thought about this.

I finally made my way downstairs immediately feeling less irritated when I saw him standing there with sun glasses on, waiting for me. When he saw me he smirked, a beautiful smirk. He had a black long sleeve on rolled up to his elbows along with a watch and dress pants.

"That's much better" he said as I reached the last step.

"Maybe for you..it's no fair you made me change" I said , voicing my feminist side. "Simply because I would've turned on men?" I pushed further.

He didn't reply.

He does that a lot! UGH I'm annoyed again. Whenever I'm right or he just doesn't want to answer he just keeps quiet.

We get in the car and he drives off, I stare out the window. Currently giving this guy a silent treatment until he admits he was being mean.

When suddenly something pops into my mind.

My mother. I've never gotten the chance to really ask him if I can maybe visit her.

Well that would be a lie, I've had plenty of chances I've just been a coward. I'm afraid he'll say no, I'd rather hang onto hope than ask him and hear him say no.

I turn to face him, prepping myself to just split it out. His got one hand on the steering wheel, the other resting on his lap.

"May I visit my mother?" I finally blurt, waiting for his reaction.

He visibly tenses, a newfound tick in his jaw. "You want to go back to that place?" He says through gritted teeth.

I sigh, "please don't get upset, Christian. I miss my mother so much" I say

"Am I not enough? You have me" he says

"Ofcourse you are! You don't understand. I've been through so much with her, it's unimaginable..." I finished

"Then tell me, what happened" he said, his tone clearly getting harsher. This reminded me of the first night.

Thinking my past really hurts me. I've bottled it up for a long time. Both my mom and I. Whenever I'd bring it up she'd shut it down I did the same when she tried bringing it up. I guess it's just how we cope.

"I can't...I just can't talk about it" I said softly hoping he won't get mad.

"Why?" He shouted "it's me, you're supposed to tell me everything. I want to know who hurt you" He said, still shouting

I was now crying, once again. The trauma of my childhood flooding into my mind. It hurt, it aches.

I didn't want to be near him anymore. So I opened the car door and leaped out, shifting in the motion of jumping out.

"Cora!" He yelled behind me, the car still going off in the distance.

I ran, and ran, and just kept running my wolf crying as if I were injured. I heard the car breaking harshly in the distance and his wolf howling out to me. I didn't care, I kept running.

I don't want to talk about it! I won't talk about it. I miss my mommy
I miss my mommy
I miss my mommy
I miss my mo- he tackled me, although catching my fall with his own wolf. We rolled, and tumbled before we came to a stop.

Now giving it a look; his wolf was stunning it was the deepest black I'd ever seen. His blue eyes were filled with hurt.

I could see him apologizing with his eyes.

When he let out a small cry, I buried my muzzle into his body , he moved his head in sync with mine.

We laid there together like that, still shifted for many moments.

I had already forgiven him...I knew that. Whatever he'd done I'd forgotten. I knew he just wanted to help.

I shifted back knowing I'd be naked. He stayed in his wolf form, still holding me the same as before. His wolf stood and so did I. I petted his head and he purred almost like a cat.

He started burying his muzzle into my body, mainly my chest.

When he took a lick at my boob he had crossed the line.

"Zion!" I yelled, knowing it was mainly Christian's wolf Zion, even though Christian was well on board with the actions. I pushed his muzzle out of my chest and turned away. Goddess! This man.

He gave me a light push on my bum, causing me to gasp and turn my head slightly to look at him.

He bowed his head as if to let me climb on, and so I did. He ran back quite quickly. Making it back to the car.

The run there made me realize just how fast he really was. I see now how he was able to catch me so damn quickly.

He shifted back and I immediately averted my gaze. Being less comfortable with human form Christian than Zion.

Christian covered me with a shirt quickly that was in his trunk. Before he handed me sweats and dressed himself, very quickly.

We got back into the car and I sighed.
"I promise I'll tell you everything one day Christian" I reassured him.

He smiled, one of the prettiest smiles I'd ever seen him in. "Good" he said before driving off.

His free hand now on my leg, where it stayed till we reached the mall.