1

Cora POV

"This is the worst possible thing you could be doing to me..." I groaned, slouching down in my seat. "Goddess Cora, it's not that bad. It's a bunch of alphas, nothing more and nothing less" My mom stated, making her hair even tighter than before. "Why do I have to be on duty today...you know how much I hate alphas" I sighed, gazing down at the wooden floor. My mother slouched, feeling defeated at my last couple of words. She finished putting her hair up into a bun and walked towards me. She put her hands on my shoulders and beckoned me to look up at her, so I did. "Not every alpha is like your father. Alpha Nathan is much better and that's why we're here. We're lucky he took us into his pack after what happened. Doesn't that say something about alphas?" I knew she was right...but still "alright so, Alpha Nathan is better than dad doesn't mean they're all better" I countered.
"Okay, fine. Let's say they're all just as bad, it doesn't matter anyways because all you have to do is place a bunch of food and drinks on the table and that's about it. Head up high Cora." She finished, patting my shoulders and exiting. Hinting at me to follow. I huffed, standing up...well might as well get it over with.

////

There were about 9 alphas, all from very powerful packs. I knew that because I've been eavesdropping. Well not exactly...it's hard not to listen when you're standing in the room still as a statue. They've been discussing pack issues for about 45 minutes now and my feet were starting to hurt.

Soon enough they had finished eating and I thought it was over but after my mother and I collected all the empty dishes they continued talking. I was beyond annoyed but I made sure not to show any discomfort especially after my mother gave me a look. I took stand, back at my post and listened as the topic of the Silver Moon pack came up again. "That fucking Christian he's the one pack stronger than mine but this is bullshit" Alpha Nathan growled. The other alphas agreed with what he said cause they banged and growled and went on like dogs...ha, get it? "I still hope he comes to see me, probably after you lot leave" Alpha Nathan said again.

About an hour later, everyone stood greeting Alpha Nathan one by one before leaving. I sighed relieved. Once the last Alpha had left, my mother and I were already clearing out the last few glasses left on the table, I was eager for bed. "Cora, bring me my 1768 Merlot from the cellar" Alpha Nathan muttered before walking out and into the living room area. "Yes Alpha" I said after him. I slouched, I hated going into the cellar. I placed the rag down on the table and started my journey to the cellar. I wonder who this Christian is they were talking about. I put my flashlight on, being creeped out by the dark cellar and searched for the bottle, aha! 1768, you're the one. I grabbed it, hearing a sound. My heart picked up pace as I bolted out of the room, taking one last look behind me after I'd made some distance I started slowing down.

I crashed into a rock hard wall, goddess can't I see where I'm going. I groaned now being on the floor sitting on my ass.

Suddenly my senses were completely overthrown, I couldn't think straight the smell I smelled, I wanted to go crazy. It was absolutely delicious. A deep growl was heard from above me. I took the courage to look up, being met with the most gorgeous blue eyes. I immediately clicked that this— he is whom I bumped into. This must be the alpha that was missing. The man Alpha Nathan spoke of as an 'asshole'. He continued to stare at me,  a not so friendly look on his face.

"Mine"