2

Cora POV

"Excuse me? Yours?" I said. The man didn't say anything further instead he grabbed my arm, pulling me to my feet far too harshly. "Pack your things. As soon as I'm done speaking with Alpha Nathan we're leaving" he demanded. "What the hell!" I said but immediately regretted it when he growled at my response. I was practically shaking in my boots. After one last look, he felt his point was made and he turned walking into the house.

When his presence was no longer there, I felt relieved but longing as well. I patted down my fly aways, habit when I'm stressed. I don't think reality had kicked in yet. I looked down the wine bottle shattered. I didn't even notice it fell out of my hands.

////
If reality had not kicked in before, it definitely did now. I was practically sobbing on my mothers shoulder as she rubbed my back. She had done most of the packing for me, and tried her best to reassure me. I can't tell if I was afraid of this man or just heartbroken to be leaving my mother. We've stuck together always. "Cora, a mate is a good thing! An alpha at that, he'll look after you....better than I ever could" she said, rubbing my hair in a soothing manner. I started to calm down. Maybe this won't be so bad, I can always go back  and visit. A knock on the door, caused my mother to tense. She said come in and at the same time tapped my back an indication to straighten out, so I did. It's hard to sit up straight when two alphas walk in. Alpha Nathan, followed by Alpha Christian entered the room.

"She should be all packed and ready to go" Alpha Nathan said. Alpha Christian looked really pissed. I don't even know why. It's hard to believe he'll protect me when he seems so angry at me. Without baring another second, he walked over and grabbed my suitcase. He took my wrist and walked out of the room. It all happened too fast and reality is really kicking in now, I looked back. Alpha Nathan was closing the door I stayed behind for years, right before he closed it I saw my mothers face as a tear rolled down her cheek.

////

Long was the drive I've been on for the past hours. Alpha Christian has not said anything to me. I've tried to hide my tears but I couldn't. I leaned my head against the window exhausted from crying and stared out at the trees passing by as a way to distract myself. I knew he was taking a glance at me every now and then. I simply sighed wanting to fall asleep — to stop thinking about everything. "What's your name" he broke the silence. I loved his voice, well when it was like this. Calm and collected instead of raspy, hard and cruel. "Cora" I said, softer than I thought I would. Though I'm sure he heard me. "Cora...." He said, my name sounded delicious falling from his mouth. I turned slightly glancing at him. His eyes were trained on the path ahead. "And yours?" I asked back, softly. "I take it you already know mine" he said. He's right, but he could've still told me his name...gosh. I sighed, turning back to the window I take it our 'chat' is over. "Christian- Christian Ledger" he said. And that was the last thing Christian Ledger said to me on the car ride to his territory.

////

When we arrive, I'm completely shocked. I stepped out of the car. If I thought Alpha Nathan's house was big...then this is, wow. "Cora?" Christian interrupts my gazing. He's already standing at the door, holding my suitcase. "Sorry" I say, quickly rushing to the door. He walks up the stairs and opens a door. It's huge, the room I mean. So many blacks and silvers, the bed is completely black and silk. The scent is absolutely breathtaking but I know that scent all too well now. "This is your room?" I question, seeing as he had placed my suitcase down inside. He didn't answer my question so I'm assuming my assumption was right on. Wait! Does that mean we have to sleep together in that same bed? "If you'd like" Alpha Christian says, amusement tingling in his eyes. "You read minds?" I asked. "You said it out loud Cora" oh goddess I've melted. "Oh" I said. At this point I felt sort of awkward I was just standing in the doorway to the room and I didn't know what to do, or say. What was crossing the line and what wasn't? "Umm A-Alpha Christian, could I please have a glass of water?" I asked, my gaze trained on his bare back since he was changing. I heard him chuckle before he turned around and said "call me Christian".