chapter 13- killing and adoption

Alpha kanes p.o.v.

It has been a week since the rogue, isabella came into my territory. I'm happy that my beta found his mate but I feel sorry for him as it's one thing he despises the most. Rogues.

They have barely even spoken. He barely even looks at her and I can see it breaks her heart. She thinks he doesnt care about her at all. It's the complete opposite he stays far enough to where she cant see him but close enough to keep an eye on her. He asks me or cassie about her all the time but tries to act like he doesnt care but we know he does care. A lot more then he wants to.

Now another thing that I dont know how to bring up is that I killed her father jude. He was hanging around our borders and went to attack one of my pack warriors and I seen red. I attacked him and killed him on the spot. Me and cassie haven't spoken since. That was 5 days ago. Everyone is getting more wary of me. Its driving me insane. She wont come near me or talk to me. The only time she will come near me is when we go to bed but even then she puts a pillow inbetween us.

Keaton found out about what I did as the rumour went around the pack. He didnt even seem bothered about it which surprised me a little. At same time It didnt, since he was born all he knew from his so called father was evil. However I understand why cassie is upset with me. Her father wasnt always evil and I feel she is grieving the none evil side of what her father use to be like. I dont regret killing him not at all. I just wish I took him to the dungeons first so that I could talk to her about what she wanted me to do.

Flashback

I was on night parol to check the boarders. Cassie was going to meet me here with beta jason soon.

Everything seemed normal. The night was quite and a little windy but not much. .

I was just about to talk to beta through mind link to see where abouts they are when I got a mindlink of one of the warriors saying a rogue was near by.

I started heading towards him when I seen the rogue come out of nowhere and go for my warriors neck. I slammed into the rogue and clawed his belly. We looked into eachother eyes and that's when I realised it was cassie father. I growled a warning growl at him and he growled back.

All of a sudden he stopped and went to run the opposite direction. I could smell my mate nearby. In the direction that he ran. I realised he was going after my mate so I ran straight after him jumped on his back and bit down on his back of the neck. I was trying to warn him to not go any further or I will kill him but he was just to focused on trying to get to cassie who was stood frozen. Beta Jason was stood infront of her ready to protect his luna at all cost. She has been training these past few weeks but she still not where she should be yet. We also knew she couldn't actually hurt her father she was to kind hearted.

Bringing me back to reality I felt as the rogue now known as cassie father kicked me and I fell on my back and yelped. I jumped back up my teeth clamped round his throat and I ripped it out to busy in my rage to know that cassie could be upset about it.

When all of a sudden i felt all these string emotions. Shock, horror, grief but also a little bit of relief. I just wasnt sure was she was relieved about. Either me not dying or her father dying.

Ever since that day she hasn't looked me in the eye. She keeps all her emotions blocked so that I cant feel any of then in our bond and she puts a pillow down so that I cant touch her or cuddle her and it hurts like hell.