chapter 6 - comfort and opening up

Alpha kanes p.o.v.

I was in my office sorting through all the paper work. Or should I say im suppose to be sorting through it but I cant stop thinking about my mate. She is honestly so beautiful.

She is so innocent and I can see she would make an amazing luna. I cant wait to mark and mate her. I cant wait to see our pups running around.

Pups. Speaking off pups I'm still not sure if keaton is her pup. For some reason I feel a need to protect him as if he was my own pup. I'm starting to think maybe he isnt her pup they have the same eyes but that's it. They have the same eyes as that beta jude who didnt want me taking her with me. There was something off about him but I cant put my finger on it. In fact there is something off about the whole situation.

I need answers. I need to know if keaton is her pup. I need to know why she didnt say goodbye to her father when he didnt want her to go. Why she didnt hug him goodbye. Somethings just not right. I have a bad feeling about this.

I decided I needed to go check on her. I know something has happened to her to make her not trust men I just need to know what.

I got up ready to go to our bedroom to see her when I heard a high pitch scream. It was a scream of fear, horror and dread. I knew who it was straight away. I ran upstairs to get to my mate. I needed to protect her.

I barged into our room assessing for any danger the guards also barged in but there was nothing round. I looked at her and she was asleep. She was having a nightmare. But it seems more of a flashback then anything. She was saying words like please leave him out of this. Please he is innocent. Please dont hurt me. I couldn't listen to it anymore.

I ran up to her and started stroking her arm and her cheek softly and telling her its just a bad dream and she is safe and to open her eyes.

After what felt like hours she finally opened her eyes and was sobbing. My heart broke. I picked her up and put her on my lap. She tensed at first but I did circular motions on her back to soothe and calm her and eventually she relaxed in my embrace.

I needed answers and I was going to get them.

Once she calmed down she started apologising but I told her stop apologising she had nothing to apologise for.

"I need you to tell me what makes you so scared of us angel. I need you to tell me what happened to you and who hurt you. I need answers love"

She has this look of pure fear and dread on her face. I seem to see this look on her face alot and I hate it.

"I promise you my love I would never ever hurt you. I would never hurt you or keaton. I know there are rumours about how cruel I am and most of them are true but you are my mate and I will always protect my mate. You mean more to me then anyone could ever know I have been waiting for my mate for such a long time. You are mine love and nothing will change that. I promise to treat you as the queen you are. Please I'm begging you to trust me or at least try to"

She sat there looking deeply in my eyes searching to see most likely if I'm telling the truth. Seeking for any lies. But she wont find any lies. After a while it seems she makes her mind up and she starts to speak much to my relief.

" okay my wolf is telling me we can trust you and I also feel like I can trust you I dont know why but I feel I can. But please dont interrupt me until I finish telling you it all."

When she said the last bit she looked a bit scared not knowing if she stepped out her line of telling me to keep quite. Which was a surprise but I liked it. It shows deep down she can be demanding I just know she will make an amazing mate, Luna and mother to our pups.

"Okay my love I wont speak until your finished"

"Thank you. " she took a deep breathe before starting.

" it all started when I was 10 years old. My mother and father where amazing parents. I loved them both so much and they loved me. Me and mother decided to go for a run. I loved riding on the back of her wolf. Father was doing pack business in the pack house. We went for a little run when all of a sudden we were surrounded by rogues. Mother gave them warning growls and she mind liked my father to tell him about the rogues and that she was surrounded. There was so many of them. They started to attack and mother made me hide in a tree. There was 5 of them all together and mother managed to kill 3 of them when one came up to her and ripped her throat out with ease. It was all my fault she turned around for 2 seconds to make sure I was still okay. Just as they did that my father and alpha and a few warriors turned up. My father howled for the loss of his mate and the pack howled for the loss of there beta female. My father was enraged. He killed the rogues that was left and ever since that day he became cold and vicious. Ever since that day he hated me. He started beating me a few months after mothers death. I just thought that because he was grieving he would come around soon and see what he was doing. But he never did. He started sleeping with loads of different people. Some where horrible and some where nice people. This Is what my flashback was just now. One day I was cleaning the kitchen hoping to get it done before father came. But I wasnt finished in time for him to come. I went to try sneaky go upstairs but he caught me by my hair. He went to beat me when there was a knock at door which surprised us both. He went and opened the door and there was this women stood there. I went to sneak upstairs when I heard a baby cry. A newborn baby at that. They started arguing as she couldn't have the baby as she didnt want her mate knowing she had another males baby and he was saying "I dont want that thing" he told her to get rid of it but she begged him to keep the baby. He got so angry he just grabbed her throat and snapped it. She was falling with the baby in her hands so I ran and grabbed the baby just in time before the baby hit the floor. My father was fuming with me. He didnt like that I caught the baby and heard there conversation. I begged him to let me keep him and that he wouldn't even realise that keaton was here. After a beating and begging he just left and I kept keaton. Keaton is my baby brother but I look and protect him as if he was my pup. I understand if you dont want me as your mate and dont want keaton as our pup. I truly understand it. But please you can do whatever you want to me but please dont hurt keaton he is innocent. "

To say I was shocked about all this new information was an understatement. I felt rage for how she was treated and how keaton was treated. I felt rage because I didnt help her sooner. And I felt upset and pain because I wish I could have done more for her. But what really upset me as well was that she didnt think I wanted her as my mate and thought I could ever hurt her or keaton.

What is alpha kanes reply going to be? Will she trust him ? Will she be able to meet the pack.??