chapter 5- nightmares and comfort

Flashback

I was in the kitchen cleaning up before father got back. I was wiping down the sides when I heard my father come tumbling in. I tensed up dreading to see him. I was hoping I would be finished and upstairs out the way by the time he got home.

He smelt of alcohol and cigarettes as usual. I tried to sneak away. I was so close to the stairs when he came out of nowhere and gripped my by my hair. He was about to punch me when we heard a knock at the door. He was just as suprised as I was.

He let me go and went to the door. I was just about to quickly go upstairs when I heard a babies cry and a women trying to shush the baby. I stopped well more like I froze.

I looked towards the door and there stood a women infront of my father. She was beautiful and tall. She was holding a new born baby who only looked to be a few days old.

"Hello jude I dont even know if you remember me but this is keaton our little boy. I came to bring him to you. I cant look after him so you will have to I found my mate and my mate cant find out about him. I cant look after him so please, please look after him. "

I stood frozen with a look of horror on my face. How could she just drop her son off and want him to look after her baby and for her to not want anything to do with it. I felt this overwhelming sense to protect him.

I looked at my father to see him look at her and the baby in disgust. It didnt surprise me though.  When I looked at him properly he was shaking out of rage. I thought for a second just a second that maybe he was angry at her for wanting to leave the baby and wanting nothing to do with him. That was until he spoke.

"HOW DARE YOU BRING THIS THING TO ME AND DEMAND I LOOK AFTER IT. WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE! I WILL NOT LOOK AFTER THIS THING IF YOU DONT WANT IT TAKE IT SOMEWHERE ELSE I DONT WANT IT!! "

She started crying and begged him to look after this poor innocent baby boy. Tears came to my eyes. How could any of them not want anything to do with him. He is so innocent.

One minute I'm feeling sorry for the baby and the next minute I'm watching in horror as he grabbed the lady by her neck and just snaps it like it was nothing. The baby started falling as she was dropping to the floor I ran as fast as I could to catch the baby so he doesnt get hurt. I just grabbed him in time when I hear a roar come from my father.

"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOUR DOING. HOW DARE YOU LISTEN IN TO MY CONVERSATION AND HOW DARE YOU GRAB THAT THING. "

I carefully put the baby down on the floor and I begged my father for me to keep him and for him to not send him away or worse kill him. I told him I would look after him and I will do everything I begged and begged him.

He grabbed hold of my throat threw me across the room. He kicked and punched me anywhere and everywhere he could. My body ached and I could barely move. He didnt say anything he just walked away slamming the door shut.

I heard a baby cry so I got up as best as I could picked him up and took him to my room whilst crying my eyes out.