chapter 4- new pack, new home

Cassie p.o.v.

I squeezed Keaton's hand to comfort him. However I dont know if I was trying to comfort him or myself. Maybe even both.

We walked out the pack house with the two big and scary warriors following us behind. To say I was intimidated was an understatement. I was confused though. Why didnt alpha kane reject me there and then? Is he waiting till we get to his pack to do it? Will he hit us ? Turn us into an slave?

I was to busy lost in my thoughts I hadn't realised I was outside my house and I had stopped walking until I heard a cleared throat. I jumped out my skin not expecting it.

As quickly as i could i walked to my house with keaton in front of me but still holding my hand. The warriors stayed downstairs whilst keaton and I went to our room to start packing.

I packed the little clothes we owned and I went into my father's room to see what I could take of my mothers to remember her by. Keaton has a different mother then me but still I know that my mother would have loved him just as much as I do if she was here. When I think about it though if my mother was here keaton wouldn't have been born and that thought makes me sad.

My father after mother passed away started sleeping with anyone and anything. He got Keaton's mother pregnant by an accident. Part of me is glad that he got someone pregnant because I love keaton. But the other part of me is upset about it because this is not there world i want keaton to be brought up in. He deserves a loving home.

Keaton's mother died by my father's hands. He was horrible, I seen it all. Keaton was only a few days old when she came and dropped him off at our home. Father was angry that she was pregnant and even more enraged at the fact she wanted to dump the baby on him because she found her mate. He was that enraged he snapped her neck there and then. It was the most horrifying thing I have ever witnessed. I begged father to not get rid of him and that I promise I would keep him out of his way if he let me keep him here with me. I would look after him and protect him and care for him. After some begging and beating he left and never mentioned about keaton again.

Coming back to reality I took mothers favourite necklace that was in what would have been her draw. I put it in my pocket and grabbed hold of Keaton's hand and walked downstairs.

"I i ha have everything i need" I stuttered. They just stared and said

"Okay Luna this way we will be meeting alpha kane at the car"

We walked in silence. My head was going a thousand miles per hour. All these thoughts where running round in my head. What if he is worse then father? What if he hurts keaton? But for some reason I felt so safe with alpha kane. I felt protected. I shut that thought down as quick as it came. I cant think I'm safe because it will bite me back in the bum. I cant think I'm safe when I dont know what's waiting on the other side. He will reject my I know he will. He needs a strong luna and that will never be me. I'm scared off basically anything. I will never be good enough for him or his pack. As much as it broke my heart I knew that it was the truth.

As we got closer to the car my heart started pounding out my chest. I could smell his addicting smell it calmed me but also made me anxious to see him.

I looked up and locked eyes with him. He is so handsome. Never in a million years did I think anyone could be so handsome. It should be illegal to look this handsome. I wonder how many people he has slept with. This thought made my wolf faith whimper and my heart to ache. Tears came to my eyes but I pushed them away. I will never be good enough for anyone.

As we got to the car alpha kane threw Me a smile and it suprised me. I gave him a soft but wary smile back which made his eyes light up.

"We will be heading to our pack now it will take around 6 hours you look exhausted you should both get some rest angel. I promise you nothing will happen to you I will always protect you. " he said to me as we got settled into the car.

I dont know why but I felt like he was telling the truth. Keaton had already fallen asleep next to me and I tried to keep my eyes open but I couldn't help but relax when I could smell his scent and Keaton's scent.

I'm not sure how long we slept for but when I woke up I panicked wondering where I was. That's when i realised i was still in the car. My head was on alpha kanes lap and damn him for being so comfy.

When I realised I was still on his lap I shot up and apologised for falling a sleep on him but he reassured me it was okay. I was still wary thinking maybe he will punish me later for it.

I didnt understand all my emotions. I felt so safe round him and felt he would never ever hurt me. But fathers are never suppose to hurt you either yet mine did. What makes me think that my mate wont.

We pulled up to this big house and my gosh was it beautiful. I have never seen such a beautiful house before. We got out the car and alpha kane explained this was his house and this is where himself, keaton and I will be staying. It made me excited and nervous at the same time.

We came into the beautiful house and he showed me where the living room, kitchen, game room and his office was. Then he showed me the bedrooms.

Keaton's room looked just like a guest room but of course he didnt expect a child to come live here so he said he would get it decorated to how keaton liked it.

Finally he showed me my room. Or should I say our room.

"This is our room the bathroom is to your left and closet to your right. "

"Our room? Wwe are sh sharing a room?" I replied I was terrified.

"Yes we will share a room i need you close to me. I need to know your safe and its brings myself and my Wolf comfort to know your okay. My wolfs name is thunder what's your wolfs name. "

" her name is faith. She is amazing she's so kind and is always there for me and I just love her so much " I blabbed on and I didnt even realise I was rambling till I heard him chuckle. My cheeks went bright red as I blushed out off embarrassment. I realised I didnt even stutter which suprised me. If he realised i hadn't stuttered or anything he didnt say anything.

He left to his office to let me get unpacked. The room was beautiful there was a massive bed, massive tv and a massive walk in closet. Keaton was in his room having a nap so I took that as an advantage and I put my clothes away. I decided to take a shower as alpha kane said I'm allowed to take a shower whenever I want. He seemed confused when I asked him if I was allowed. He didnt question me though.

I took a shower and climbed into bed. I must have been exacusted as I dont even remember falling asleep.