Chapter 30

It has been a few days sense we got the girls out. Packs from all over had heard the news of what happened. Many packs called asking about certain girls that they had gone missing over the years. Those girls were able to be reunited with their pack and family. Those that were from packs that got destroyed went with packs who volunteered to take some of the girls.

We brought back a few with us including Everett's mate. Millie has been trying to adjust, but she is still really scared of men. She has been taking baby steps with trusting them again. Everett has been so patience with her and doesn't try to push her in anyway. They sleep in different rooms right next to each other. I now understand what it was like for Marcus when I didn't want to be near him.

I apologized to him, but he told me not to worry. He understood why I was scared back then. I hope to be able to help Millie and the other girls we brought back with us feel safe and protected. The pack has been nothing but nice. They all understand to be cautions around the girls to not make them feel nervous.

I am currently laying in bed feeling sick as ever. After we got back from saving the girls, my sickness has just gotten worse. I throw up first thing in the morning and any time I eat. Marcus is going to take me to see Dr. Lacy later. She has been busy with all the other girls, and we wanted to wait until she was free for me to go.

I heard a knock on the door before it was opened. "Hey how are you feeling?" Marcus came to the side of the bed and rubbed my back. I groaned as I felt nauseous again. "I still feel awful."

"Well then let's get you to Dr. Lacy. She just let me know she is free and can see you now," Marcus was pulling some clothes out for me. I slowly pushed the covers off me and sat up. I had no energy left in me. Marcus came and sat in front of me. He helped me get my clothes on and off before picking me up and carrying me down the stairs.

We walked through the door, "Alpha. Luna. Dr. Lacy will see you in the first room on the right." The nurse at the front desk told us without even asking. We went into the room and Marcus sat me down on the bed and sat in the chair beside me.

We sat in silence until Dr. Lacy came into the room. "Good morning, Alpha, Luna. What seems to be the problem?" I went to sit up and speak, but suddenly felt nauseous and ran to the trash can. Once I was finished, I went back to the bed and sat down.

"I have been getting sick since before we went and saved the girls. I just pushed it off as nerves and stress and figured it would get better after we helped the girls. It hasn't whatsoever. It has gotten worse. I am nauseous and throwing up all the time. I can barely keep food down if at all." I sighed after explaining everything to Dr. Lacy.

Dr. Lacy nodded and got to work checking my blood pressure and heart. "I am going to draw some blood and run some test to see if I can figure out what the problem is. It should take around 15 minutes to get the results back. I can have someone bring you water and some crackers to see if you can keep that down. I don't want you to be dehydrated." I nodded and laid down.

She quickly drew my blood and left the room. A nurse brought in some crackers which I slowly nibbled on. I seemed to be okay with the crackers. "I hope whatever it is can be fixed easily. I hate being sick." I groaned as Marcus rubbed my back.

"I know love. I am sure once she figures out what is causing this, she will be able to give you some medicine, and you will be better in no time." Marcus kissed the top of my head. We waited for Dr. Lacy to come back.

After 20 minutes, she came back into the room. She was looking down at the papers in her hands, "Well I have good news for you both. I found out what is making you so sick." I felt relieved that there was an answer to my suffering. "That's a relief what is it?" I asked while looking at her.

Dr. Lacy smiled at us, "Well it seems that you are pregnant, Luna! Congratulations!" I sat there frozen in shock. I didn't know what to think. I was pregnant and had been for a while. "Are you sure?" I could hear Marcus ask. Dr. Lacy nodded her head, "I was actually going to get an ultrasound so we can check and make sure everything is looking good." I nodded still in shock to speak. "I will give you two a moment and come back in to do the scan," Dr. Lacy told us as she stepped out of the room.

"Maddy are you alright?" Marcus seemed scared to ask me. I turned around and looked at him. I could tell he was nervous to see my reaction, but I knew I was excited. I was just in shock. I finally came to my sense and smiled as I pulled Marcus toward me. "I am so excited. I thought I wouldn't be able to have kids for the longest time and now we have one on the way. Are you excited?" I pulled away and looked at Marcus.

"I am thrilled! We are going to have a mini me or you!" He leaned down and kissed me before pulling me into a hug. There was a knock on the door followed by Dr. Lacy coming into the room with the ultrasound machine. "Alright, I am going to have you lay back and lift your shirt for me, and then we will have a look at the baby."

I laid back after Marcus moved to sit beside me. Dr. Lacy put the jell on my stomach and brought the probe to my stomach. It took her a few minutes to find what she was looking for. She pointed to a little spot on the screen, "That right there is your baby. It seems you are around 3 weeks. We won't be able to hear the heartbeat for another couple of weeks, but from what I can tell everything seems normal."

Dr. Lacy wiped my stomach before I sat up. "I can give you medicine that should help with the vomiting. Usually, it goes away after the first trimester is over which won't be for another 9 weeks. You need to make sure you are trying to drink plenty of fluids and keep food with you. It might be better for you to just nibble on small amounts throughout the day rather than have big meals. That way you still are getting food in you without over doing it on yourself."

I nodded while listening to Dr. Lacy some more. I was going to do everything I could to make sure I kept myself and the baby healthy. We left after she gave me my medicine. I already took some and am starting to feel better.

We went to go and get me a small amount of food to eat since I was feeling better. "You know we will have to tell our family right. Brian knows I was planning to go to the doctor today, so he is going to want to know what is wrong with me," I munched on the grapes sitting in front of me. Marcus nodded while biting into his waffle.

"We can tell our family later today, and then announce it to the pack tomorrow or the day after." I nodded liking that idea. "We can have a dinner with just our family and close friends to tell them." I suggested looking over to Marcus. He seemed to think about it before agreeing with me. "Yeah, that will be good. I will talk to the chefs later to let them know we will be dining outside for dinner later." I smiled and finished off the rest of my small breakfast.

As much as I want to eat a ton of food, I definitely don't want to be throwing up again. I just hope the sick feeling goes away soon.

**********

Hey everyone! Thank you for being patient with me. I'm sorry for not updating in so long. I have just been caught up in packing and finishing out the details for the wedding. I am not sure when the next update will be, and it may be a bit of a wait before the next chapter. I am so thankful for everyone who has given my back a read and continues to wait for me to update.

I can't believe Maddy is pregnant! I had fun writing this chapter. I know it isn't that long, but I wanted to be able to get something out to you guys. Let me know what you all think about it.

Don't forget to vote, comment, and share!