Chapter 22

It was a nice night out tonight, so the pack was having the feast outside. There were tables lined with more food than I have seen before. Marcus and I were seated at our own table that looked out over the pack.

Everyone was in great spirits. Anyone could tell the pack felt stronger after the Luna ceremony. I guess they really do become stronger with a Luna. I smiled at the thought. "What are you thinking about, my love?" Marcus leaned over to me.

I smiled looking up to him, "I was just thinking about the pack and how they already seem stronger now."

"Of course, they are. They finally have their Luna." Marcus smiled and reached over and kissed my cheek.

I heard a sequel before turning and seeing Clover and Polly running up to me, "We are so proud of you." They both said at the same time and pulled me into a big hug. I laughed and hugged them back.

I pulled away to hug Bryan. "I am beyond proud of you Mads. Mom and Dad are smiling watching you tonight," he whispered into my hair holding me tight. It took a lot for me not to cry at his words. "Thank you."

I pulled away and gave a small hug to Sam and Everett, both congratulating me and welcoming me as their Luna.

"Where is that beautiful daughter-in-law of mine?" I turned to see Melissa and Alex walking toward us. I smiled at her words and pulled her into a hug. "You did great sweetie." Melissa pulled away and I hugged Alex. "You were great girl. Welcome to the pack and congrats Luna," Alex said while pulling away from me.

"Thank you all so much. I just hope I don't mess up," I smiled at them. I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist. I could tell from the sparks that it was Marcus. "You will do great my love. Everyone already loves you so much. Just like me." I smiled at his words and leaned into his hold.

We stood there talking before it was time to eat. Marcus and I took seats, and someone brought us plates of food. Everyone else would go through the line at the tables. I enjoyed dinner while watching over the pack.

I smiled at the little ones who were playing off to the side. Their parents watched with close eyes as well. I stood from my chair and Marcus looked over a little worried, "What is it? Is something wrong?" I laughed slightly, "No, nothing is wrong. I was just going to go play with the kids." I pointed to the group of kids who were playing.

Marcus looked over and watched the kids. "Alright, just be careful." I leaned over and gave him a quick kiss before making my way over to the kids. It seems they were playing tag. "Hey, guy." I smiled at the kids. They all turned to me and bowed their little heads slightly, "Luna."

"I was wondering if I could play with you all," I leaned down to their level, so I wasn't towering over them. They all got excited at my words, "We would love it if you played with us, Luna. We are playing tag." One of the little boys stepped forward and told me. "Alright, who is it?" I asked standing back up. A little girl stepped forward and tagged me, "Tag! You're it!" The kids started to run around the small area laughing and having fun. I quickly kicked off my heels knowing I would be able to run around better without them.

"You guys asked for it." I took off running after all the kids. They were fast, but I knew I was faster. I held back knowing the game would be over fast if I didn't.

Marcus POV

I watched as Madelyn played with the kids. I smiled feeling a warmth inside me. I couldn't wait for when we had kids of our own. I noticed a lot of the pack members were watching as well. It was hard to not watch the interaction happening between the Luna and the kids of the pack.