Chapter 16

I had run all over the territory, but I still couldn't find Madelyn. I was worried sick at this point. No one could find her. I had brought more people out to look for her. I wouldn't stop till I found her and knew she was safe.

I was back at the pack house outside talking to a group of my warriors. They seemed tired but determined to help find Madelyn. Their wolves long to help find their future Luna. We were just about to split up when I heard people running up from the forest.

I turned around and my heart nearly dropped out of my chest. A warrior was running back to the house with Madelyn in his arms. I was terrified the worst had happened. I ran the rest of the way to the warrior who was carrying her. The closer I got I realized she was waking up.

I nearly cried when I realized she was just asleep. I quickly pulled Madelyn from the warrior so I could hold her in my arms. She was still trying to wake up. She had slight panic in her eyes until she realized the situation.

Madelyn blushed as she realized I was carrying her. "What happened? Are you okay? Are you hurt?" I asked a million questions as she looked down sheepishly. "Marcus, I am okay. I just fell asleep," Madelyn said while pulling herself from my hold.

I was relieved she was okay but sad she was out of my arms.

Madelyn POV

I had run for so long that I collapsed down next to a tree. I put my back against the trunk of the tree and tried to catch my breath. I wasn't sure where I was. I wasn't sure I was even still on pack land.

I got nervous thinking about what is going to happen tomorrow. I knew I could beat her, but I didn't know how much of a fight she would put up. Willow hadn't said much since we left the house. I knew she helped push me to run faster but otherwise stayed quiet.

The sun was setting, and I knew that I would need to try and head back soon. I took a few minutes to admire the last of the beautiful colors the sun was letting out. I closed my eyes to listen to the animals around me. Before I realized it, I was drifting off to sleep from how tired I was.

5 hours later...

I started to stir when I realized I was being carried by someone who was running. I was passed over to someone else as I was waking up. I tried to catch my bearings when I looked up and saw Marcus. He was carrying me back to the pack house. Someone must have found me and brought me back. At least I wouldn't have to walk back now.

I looked around and realized they had been looking for me. There were a lot of people who started to disperse.  "What happened? Are you okay? Are you hurt?" Marcus started to ask me a bunch of questions. I wanted to put distance between us. As much as I liked being close to him, I wanted to put some space between us. "Marcus, I am okay. I just fell asleep," I said while getting out of his hold.

Just as Marcus was about to say something, Polly and Clover came running out of the house toward me. "Madelyn Rivera, you have some explaining to do!" Clover said while making her way over to me. They both pulled me into a hug before letting me go.

"I'm sorry. I fell asleep after I had run for so long. I didn't realize how much I had run until I sat down. I planned to rest for a bit and then head back." I started to make my way inside after explaining what happened. I was tired and definitely needed my rest. I had a fight tomorrow after all.

I headed upstairs and took a shower. As I was getting out, I heard Marcus come into the room. I knew he was worried about tomorrow, but I knew I could handle myself. I quickly got dressed and went out into the room. Marcus was there staring at the wall until I came out. I could tell it was hurting him not to come and hold me. I know it hurts him we can't be like other mates.