Chapter 11

I am running in the forest away from something. I am not sure where I am or what I am running from. It is dark outside, and I can barely see in front of me. I am panting while trying to catch my breath. I hear movement around me and start to run again.

"There is no escaping us. We will get you," I hear a voice taught at me. I quickly pick up my pace and continue running. As I am running, I slam into something and smack the ground. "I told you we would get you."

I look up to see someone standing in front of me. They start to reach out to grab me while laughing. I start to panic and try to get away.

"NOOOOOOO," I wake up from my sleep jolting up in the bed while screaming. I was breathing heavily and covered in sweat. The bathroom door quickly burst open to a worried-looking Marcus. His eyes were glowing meaning his wolf was on high alert. I was shaking while trying to calm down.

Marcus quickly made his way over to me and pulled me into his chest. "What happened? Are you alright?" Marcus asked while running his hand down my back in a soothing way. The sparks from his touch were amazing and really helped me calm down. "It was just a nightmare is all," I said after I had calmed down. I pulled away to look up at Marcus. He brought his hand up to caress my face.

I subconsciously leaned into his hand while he did so. "Are you sure you are alright?" He asked while looking at me still worried. "I am fine now. I promise," I said while getting up out of bed. "I am going to take a shower," I said while grabbing some clothes. Marcus nodded while he went to get dressed in the closet.

I took a quick shower and got dressed quickly. I brushed and dried my hair and left it down. I usually wore it up, but I figured it would be nice to switch it up a bit. I made my way out of the bathroom and into the room. I saw that Marcus was doing some work on his laptop while waiting for me. "Are you ready to go get breakfast?" He asked while standing and walking toward the door. I nodded and made my way across the room. "I like your hair down. You should do it like that more often," Marcus said while grabbing my hand and leading the way down to the dining room. I blushed at his comment and tried to hide it. He only chuckled at me as we rounded the stairs to the dining room.

I could smell the food before I saw it. I hadn't realized how hungry I was until I smelled the food. As we made our way into the dining room, there were more people in there than I was expecting. I was slightly nervous, and Marcus could tell. "I am sorry. I didn't realize this many people would be down here. We can go back to our room or my office to eat if you don't want to eat in here," Marcus said while pulling me back into the hallway. I took a couple of deep breaths before looking up at Marcus. I could tell he was nervous, but I also knew I just couldn't hide much longer.

I knew the pack was curious to see me. Clover had told me that they hadn't stopped talking about me since they heard the Alpha had found his mate. "No, it is alright. I know I can't hide forever. I will eventually have to meet people as I am their Luna," I said while smiling at Marcus. He looked at me with slight shock but was quickly replaced with pride. He grabbed my hand and lead us into the dining room. Everyone looked up at us as we made our way into the room. They all looked excited to be able to see me there. As we made our way to the front of the room, we got a lot of "Good morning Alpha and Luna." It was a bit overwhelming, but I knew I would get used to it eventually.

As we sat down, some omegas brought us food. There were pancakes, eggs, bacon, and fruit. It all looked amazing. I quickly dug into my food savoring the yummy taste of it all. I looked up from eating and noticed people were staring at me. I felt slightly uncomfortable, and Marcus noticed. He growled lowly making everyone quickly look away. "It is alright they are just curious," I said while placing my hand on his arm. He relaxed but still looked annoyed. "Well they don't have to stare so much," he said while stabbing at his pancakes. I shook my head at him and continued to eat.