Chapter 13

Important author's note at the end! I would appreciate it if you took the time to read it.

**********

I learned that Marcus's parents' names are Alex and Marissa. They were gone on vacation when I first came here. They are very nice people who seemed to like me already. I was grateful for that based on how they first saw me. Marcus seemed to be happy that his parents liked me. I think he was nervous about me meeting them at first.

We were all sitting around eating dinner. Marcus and his parents were catching up while my brother and I did the same. It was crazy how much I had missed out on. It makes me sad to think about it, but I try not to let it bother me. "So how did you two meet anyway," I asked pointing between Clover and Bryan. Clover blushed as she seemed to relive that moment.

"Well, when I first got here, I was actually in the hospital for a couple of days. I had gotten badly injured. The rogues that attacked us thought I was dead. I lay there barely able to stay awake. I was hoping that someone would come and find me. Eventually, I heard people coming into the clearing. That is when Marcus's men stepped into view. I knew I had to get their attention, so I mustered up all the energy I had left to try and get someone's attention. I slowly raised my hand and started to wave. That's when Clover saw me," Bryan paused to grab Clover's hand. "I guess I was too weak to realize at the time she was my mate. I lost consciousness after I knew they saw me. I woke up a couple of days later in the hospital. As I was waking up, my wolf was going crazy in my head. He wouldn't be still or calm down till I opened my eyes. Once I did, I looked over to see the most beautiful girl I had ever seen looking back at me. I knew then that she was my mate." Bryan looked over and kissed Clover's forehead remembering the sweet memory.

"That is so sweet! I am glad you are okay now," I said as I remembered back to how I met Marcus. It definitely wasn't the sweetest moment. I was slightly scared in that moment, but I hope that everything will work out for the best between us.

Everyone started to say their good nights and headed for bed. I for one was not tired at all. I made my way outside to feel the nice breeze that was in the air. I heard the door behind me open and then felt a pair of arms wrap around me. I knew it was Marcus from the sparks I felt. I am honestly surprised by how quickly I am comfortable with him. I know the mate bond has something to do with it.

We stayed there in silence for a while just feeling each other in the embrace. I knew I wasn't ready for anything serious to happen with Marcus yet. Being touchy with someone was new for me. I wasn't used to feeling loved before. "What are you thinking about?" Marcus asked while not letting me go. I continued to look out into the forest where the sun was setting. "I haven't let my wolf out in some time. Could we go for a run?" I asked while turning around in Marcus' arms.

It seemed like he was thinking about it before his eyes glazed over. I wasn't sure who he was talking to, so I waited for his answer. "Sure, we can," he said once his eyes turned back to normal. I jumped with joy and quickly rushed past him out of the room. I was already outside waiting for Marcus before he could register. "You are really fast you know that," Marcus said with a chuckle while leading me to the edge of the tree line. I only laughed while stepping behind a try to take my clothes off before shifting.

The shift came easily and soon I was stepping out to face Marcus in his wolf form. This was the first time our wolves were seeing each other. I quickly let Willow come forward and take control. I knew she has been excited to meet Ian. I could tell Marcus had let Ian take control as I had with Willow. They slowly circled each other while sniffing.

Willow nuzzled her head under Ian's head. She was loving every minute of being with her mate. Willow got an idea to mess with Ian. She quickly jumped from him and nipped at his tail while running away from him. There was something me and Willow had in common and that was running. She loved a good chase as much as I did.

Willow barked playfully to Ian before bolting into the trees. It was a relief to be able to let Willow have control. It allowed me to think and be free while she had her fun. I quickly got lost in thought while she continued to run.

******

I snapped out of my thoughts when Willow slowed to a slow trot. I could tell she had been running for a while she came up to a small stream and started to lap at the water. The sun had also gone down, and it was pretty dark outside. The moon was out so it provided some light. I wasn't sure where Ian was, but I could tell Willow had lost him. "Where did Ian go?" I asked Willow once she was done drinking water. "He isn't too far behind. I lost him a while back, but he should be coming up any minute now," Willow responded just as Ian broke through the trees and tackled her to the ground.

The two wrestled for a before Ian pinned us to the ground. I could tell the wolves were enjoying themselves. Once we were done wrestling, we drank some more water before Ian motioned for us to head back to the house. We had run pretty far into the woods and had a bit of a walk back.

We walked for about an hour before we ran the rest of the way back to the tree line. I quickly went behind the tree from earlier and shifted back. I quickly put my clothes back on after stretching before coming out from behind the tree. I saw Marcus just as he was pulling his shirt on. "Willow was incredible out there," Marcus said while coming over to me. I blushed and hid my face from him.

"I think me and Ian both underestimated just how fast you are," Marcus said while leading us back to the house. "Well, that serves you right for thinking otherwise," I said while stepping up onto the porch. We made our way inside to see that it was a little past midnight. We had been out there for a while. "I am going to take a quick shower and head to bed," I said while making my way to the stairs. "Alright, I will be up in a bit. I just have to handle something in the office," Marcus said while kissing my cheek before heading to the office.

I blushed and quickly made my way upstairs for a much needed shower.

Marcus POV

I quickly made my way to the office. It felt great to be able to run with Madelyn. I can tell Ian really enjoyed it. We will definitely have to do it more often. I walked into my office to finish up the last few things of paperwork I had left. I was going to officially add Madelyn to the pack before we had her Luna ceremony. I knew she would be nervous, but I am hoping to be able to talk to her about it soon. The sooner she is announced the pack Luna the better it will be for the pack and the pack status.

A pack is stronger with a Luna. I was just finishing the last of my paperwork when two guards burst into my office. "What is the meaning of this?" I growled out while standing to my feet. The two guards bowed their heads before one of them stepped forward. "Sorry Alpha. We found this note at the border addressed to the Luna and knew we had to get it to you quickly," the guard said quickly while passing over the note.

I took the note quickly before dismissing the two. I wanted to read the note now but decided to wait till the morning since it was already so late. I quickly put the note in the drawer and headed up to my room. I could smell the sweet scent of Madelyn before I entered our room.

I walked in to see her already fast asleep on top of the bed. I wished so badly to be able to sleep next to her. I know one day she would let me, so I would have to wait for that day to come. I went over to her and pulled the cover over her. I quickly kissed her forehead, "Goodnight my love," I said quietly before slipping into the bathroom to shower.

I quickly shower and made my way back out into the room. I gave Madelyn one last glance before crawling onto the couch and quickly falling asleep listening to Madelyn breathing calmly.

**********

Hey everyone! I know it has been some time since I have uploaded. I do apologize for such a long break. I had a lot going on after I started school back. My life got super crazy, and I had no time write. I am back now and hoping to be able to update more regularly now that I can write more.

I hope that everyone had a great Christmas! I am hoping for this year will be better than last year.

What is something you are looking forward to with the new year?

I am looking forward to getting married this year!

Don't forget to vote, comment, and share!

*Edited*