Prologue

(?? POV)

I sat on a rock in a clearing, looking up at the five moons that lit up the night sky. I thought about when I used to do this all the time, without a care in the world. When my best friend was next to me, instead of somewhere in the universe, probably dead.

I heard shuffling behind me. I turned to see an Angel-starlight walking up behind me. She had nine crystalline tails, with ears of the same prismatic vibrancy. A pastel blue halo floated over her head, and her pupils were shaped like stars.

"You okay, Dayan?" She asked. Her ear flicked with worry.

I sighed. "I guess."

The Angel-starlight sat down next to me. "You know you can tell me."

"Leave me alone, Moon," I said, "I'm not in the mood."

Moon sighed and looked up at the sky. "Do you... Ever wonder if he's still alive?"

"Plenty," I said, "But I'm starting to lose hope. It's been almost a year, and he still hasn't come back. Or even replied to any messages we or command have sent."

Moon's gaze glittered with with sadness. "Maybe he's just stuck somewhere. His transmitter may not be working."

"But what if he chose to leave us in the dark?" I questioned, "It's happened before."

"With someone else," Moon assured, "He's not like that. He wouldn't leave us."

I sighed. "I hope your right."

---------------

Hmmmmm I wonder who "he" is HMMMMMMMMMMM

229 words

I need to take longer breaks between posting, I've posted like five different chapters today ;-;