𝐓𝐖𝐎

"You can't hear or some? Fuck is you following me for?" The male spoke in a low monotone voice that still somehow scared the female a little as he took a step closer and grabbed her neck backing them into a corner

The flight or fright response in the form of crying kicked in for the female, "P-please don't hurt me! I just wanna help you that's all. Please!" She begged of him.

"Didn't I tell you earlier I ain't need yo' fucking?" He spat with his grip getting a little tighter as he spoke.

The words seemed to get choked up in the girl's throat because she couldn't find it in her to say anything else as the tears still fell down her cheek. Nardo studied her body language and slowly began to let her go once he realized she was no threat to him. Not that he would allow her to be anyway.

"I'm sorry. I just needed to know if you were okay." Melody said after moments of him staring and her chest heaving up and down as she tried to get her breathing back to normal.

Nardo didn't say anything back as he took in her appearance. The constant thunder allowed enough light for his eyes to travel down her body. He couldn't deny that she was pretty, even more than that.

Melody on the other hand could only see his eyes from the way he had his hoodie tied so that it was covering his face. The eyes that were staring her down told a story and she knew that it wasn't a beautiful one.

"I've been worrying about you all day, and you can't stay here because the weather is suppose to get back bad tonight." Melody started as she fidgeted with the Pandora bracelet on her wrist, "Let me take care of you tonight to put my mind to ease and tomorrow I'll leave you alone."

Nardo eyed the girl with confusion. He didn't understand how a complete stranger could present him with such an offer not knowing what he was capable of. It was only a matter of time before she figured out who he was. She shouldn't trust him cause he damn sure didn't trust her, but no lie he did need a place to go so that you could think of his next move without having to watch over his shoulder.

The words that left his mouth were made off of the strength of that last statement, "Let's go."

The two were now on the way to Walmart because Melody remembered that she had nothing at her house for a man and being that she had a little more weight her clothes were out of the question. Once they arrived at the destination, Nardo stayed in the car thanking God for her heavily tinted windows.

While in the store, Melody filled her basket with a pack of white tees, a pack of boxers, three pair of sweatpants, socks, and grabbed him a new black hoodie. She even got him a small backpack to put his things in once he left. Since all of her extra soaps and deodorants were very feminine like, she picked up him some of his own.

Nardo watched as she power walked back to the car with 4 bags in her hands and shook his head. He still couldn't believe someone was being this generous to him.

"Are you hungry?" She asked as she put on her seatbelt and fully cranking the car. She looked over at him waiting for a response and received nothing.

Pulling into the McDonald's that was close by, she ordered him a meal and herself a medium caramel frappe with extra extra caramel before finally heading back to her residence that she hadn't seen since early this morning.

"Could you at least tell me your name or something I can call you?" Melody asked with her eyes on the road as they pulled into her neighborhood.

Nardo pondered at that question. There was no way he could tell her his real name because the news displaying it every other day. He couldn't tell her Nardo either because the police knew him by that as well. He decided to play it safe and give her a name only a handful of people called him, "Wick."

Melody found it weird, but just brushed it off to the fact that every black person had a crazy nickname.

"I'm Melody." She told him as he grabbed the Walmart bags while she carried his food and her drink inside. He low key admired how he didn't know anyone else with that name.

Upon entering Wick immediately knew she loved the color pink and that she was very girly by the decor.

"Okay bathroom is the second door on the left." Melody pointed out for him, "Were you hurt from the accident? I have a first aid kit and I can help you with that?"

"Nah. I was already fucked up before you hit me." Nardo finally noticed her scrubs once she took off her puffer,"I got some cuts on my face that you can bandage up since you got yo' lil uniform on."

It was true he was already fucked up before their encounter. Sleeping on that hard ass bed messed his back up and jumping fences and climbing through shit accumulated a lot of cuts and bruises. She nodded and led him to the bathroom where the first aid kit sat under the sink.

Silence filled the bathroom as Melody cleaned his cuts and bandaged him. She finally had the chance to take in his features now that he wasn't hiding behind his hoodie. He was very handsome, he needed a haircut, but nonetheless he was handsome.

"Thank you." Nardo mumbled as she began packing the first aid kid away.

"You're welcome." She sent a small smile his way before leaving out to let him do his thing so that she could start her own night routine.

Melody was currently snuggled up in blankets in the living room after giving her room to her guest watching Grey's Anatomy when she started to hear noises coming from the back.

She paused the show and sat quietly staring at no where in particular trying make sure she heard what she heard. She carefully got up and tip toed towards her room to check on Wick.

She slightly pushed the door open and saw him tussling in his sleep followed by mumbling. It was like he was having a nightmare. She eased by the bed and slowly tried to wake him causing him to grab her arm tightly.

"Wick! It's just me! Please you are hurting me!" She cried out as his grip got tighter.

Nardo slowly but surely snapped out of his current state of mind and let her go. He definitely didn't mean to hurt, but PTSD was a motherfucker.

Melody watched as his body went limp into her arms and silent cries were heard throughout the room, "Shh! Hey! It's okay. You are safe with me. I'm not going to hurt you." She pulled him into her embrace.

If the curiosity was already ignited inside of her, it definitely was now. She terribly wanted to know that sad story his eyes told.