Chapter 3

I told the stars about you

-Unknown

Fynn White

The second lesson started, but I was still processing the first lesson. Mason seemed to be a little awkward with me at the beginning, but after a while he opened up a little to me. It felt good to talk to someone and to not think about what not to say.

This lesson was chemistry so I could just sleep. I'm pretty good at chemistry if I may say so myself, I don't know why or how but I just get it. What can I say, I'm a genius.

I slept through the entire lesson and I heard the bell ring just in time. The teacher didn't pay any attention to me, she knows me and she also knows that arguing with me doesn't take you anywhere.

I walked to the cafeteria and sat down at some table. Some people who knew me approached me and began to talk to me. Their attempt to start a conversation with me was like " Hey how are you doing, Omg you're in the same class as me now" or like "Can we be friends, maybe something more?" Ugh I really hate these people they don't have any pride in them.

I caught myself looking for Mason, but I couldn't see him anywhere. Maybe he has lunch somewhere else? The room vibe became heavier as time passed

I cant fucking take this anymore.

" Uhm sorry guys I gotta go I have to do some stuff," I said to all those weird people. I left the cafeteria and went looking for Mason, cause why not.

I Looked in the library, at the grass fields, the toilets but he wasn't anywhere. I went back with the thought that he left because of me.

Maybe he just wanted to make fun of me with his friends. I thought that he was different from those other people, I guess I was wrong.

I walked back into the school looking a little sad. Some girl came to me and acted like she cared about me. She had already taken advantage of me when I became a little popular and she is still trying to .

"What do you want michell" I said to her with my most annoyed tone. "Did someone step on your tail or something?" She said,

"No, do you know where Mason is?" I didn't know if she knew him, but she probably did. This girl looks like a slut and acts like one so she probably knew every boy in the school.

"Ehm if you're talking about Mason Moore then yes I know him, what about that guy?" Do you know where he went? We were doing a project together and I had to talk to him about it" I lied. "Oh yes ehm I was with him in the second hour of class he suddenly stormed out of the classroom and went to his car, I don't know why."

"Wait he stormed out of the classroom?" I asked. Yes he did, he didn't look so good if I remember correctly." Michell said. Didn't look so good what could have happened to him. He was fine when he was with me.

"Ehm Michell I'm gonna ask you something, does someone have his phone number?" Ehm yeah I think Alec has his number, they were friends so I think he has it." she said now looking very suspicious.

I walked away from Michell and went straight to Alex. While walking away from Michell, her look still kinda bothered me. She didn't tell me the whole truth, I think.

I know where Alec hangs out when we have lunch break so it's easy to find him. He always sits outside at the back of the school talking shit about people with his friends. He thinks I like him ( no not as in like like), but I don't like him for a bit.

I came closer to the hangout spot and I heard them talking about someone. "Ha you should have seen that loser's face when I walked into the classroom. He really thought that I wouldn't bother him this year.

Well good for him I stayed as well." When I came close enough I saw that it was Alec who was talking shit about someone. "Hey Alec, can I talk to ya for a minute?" I asked.

" Yeah sure, wait here guys. So how is it with my bro, it's a shame that we aren't in the same class, what do ya want" Alec said. "Ehm, do you have Mason's phone number? I have some business with him.

" Of Course I have his number. I have to irritate him, don't I? Did he do something again to piss someone off?"

He talked about Mason as if he was a toy. It made my blood boil. Unfortunately for me I had to ignore that feeling cause I really need to have his number. "Yea Mason .... talked too much to me so I have to do something don't I? So can I get his number?" I said with pain in my heart.

Why did it hurt so much for me to say this? I have known this guy for how long now? " Ah if it's about this then you can have his number, here," he said. I saved his contact in my phone and thanked Alec on my way out.

When I was out of sight of Alec I immediately called his number. "Dammit voicemail!" I screamed through the parking lot. Where the fuck was he, did he really just come to school to talk to me?

* school bell rings*

Agh shit I have to go to class, I can't miss another hour. I walked back to my next class and acted as if nothing happened. Mason was still on my mind for the rest of the school day.

I really hated it that I couldn't get him off my mind. School ended very quickly, but I couldn't go home, no matter how badly I wanted to.

Coach told me to go to the try outs and participate in it. A few years back I did some football and I was really good at it.

Coach knows this too and he wants me on the team. I declined him quite a few times, but I decided to do it this time. It's my last year here and why not make it fun.

I walked into the locker room and changed into a sports outfit. When I was done changing I walked into the field and I saw the coach already waiting for me with a few other guys. " Hey Fynn, glad that you could make it," He said. "Hey! Yeah sure, always for you, coach." I said with a smirk.

"EVERYBODY COME HERE!" the coach yelled at the boys who were warming up.

"This is Mason and he will be trying out for the team and these two are your new help coaches." He said while pointing at the two boys next to me. "They will help me with training you guys and make decisions so be nice to them" He said.

I looked at the team and they were looking at me with maybe a disgusted look. This is where I came to the conclusion that nobody in the football team actually likes me.

Most of the boys out here don't give a shit about being popular, it's pretty weird if you compare it to other schools. In there the football team is always all for the girls, but here they don't give a shit about them.

"Hey ehm coach in what position do I have to play?" I asked. " Ehm find a spot that you like and we will see in which position you will play" He said.

I grabbed my stuff and went onto the field with all the other guys.

I decided to take my place behind someone who was standing behind the quarterback. The position where I was standing was the halfback position.

You have to run very fast to keep the ball from getting caught and make a point for the team. I can run very fast so this must go right.

-------------

So what do you guys think about it?