Chapter 8

Remember some things have to end for better things to begin

-Unknown

Fynn White

I never thought that I would come back to this place. My dad and I used to go here every vacation or weekend that he could skip from work. Damn, what did I miss this place?

Going back here was hard to do on my own, but when Mason got in the car I just knew that I wanted to come here. The surroundings didn't change one bit. There were still a lot of flowers and the lake was super clear.

That was what I liked, nobody even knew that this place existed so it stays pretty clean. Mason also seemed to like this place, although he hurted his leg on the way here ( which I'm still pretty concerned about).

The sky was beginning to go dark little by little. It was already late so it's no big deal, but we had to ride back home for another 1,5 hour. Mason was laying on his back next to me.

It looked like he was sleeping, but I can't really tell. I looked down at him and started to admire my view. He was so cute with his fluffy hair and his freckles that were spread around his cheeks. What was I thinking! I felt the heat rush to me and my cheeks were blushing like crazy.

Do I have a crush on this guy? No no it is probably just taking a liking to him. I mean he is the only one that is just acting normal around me. Yes it's probably just that. It was becoming really dark and we had to leave otherwise we wouldn't be home until like 3 am.

"Mason" I shook him gently so he would wake up. "Y-yeah" Mason said with a little moan. Okay so this boy was sleeping for I don't know how many hours, wow. "We gotta go" I said with a whisper. I didn't want to scare him or anything. "wghaa oh okay" he got up and tried to not lean on his left ankle which was hurt.

"Here let me help you" I got up and stood before him so he could climb up my back."Come on you're not heavy so just climb on my back" I said a little harshly, but I hope it was not too harsh. "oh okay" I felt Mason's weight coming on me and I loved how it felt like he hugged me.

I secretly loved to hug people, but because of that stupid image I never do it. In the meantime Mason had climbed up my back and I got up again. The way back to the car was a little 20 min walk, but it was still kinda awkward cause we both said nothing.

The only thing I heard was the wind blowing through the forest and my feet stepping on the ground. To be honest it was peaceful, but I still wanted to talk to Mason, I wanted to hear his voice.

( yuck creep)

As we were near the car Mason began to talk. "Thanks for bringing me here," he said. A smile grew on my face. " Of course I liked it as well." We got to the car and I sat Mason down at some sort of bench that was standing close to my car.

I walked back over to my beauty ( yes the car) and I drove it towards Mason and parked it next to the bench. I opened the passenger door so that I could help him in. Mason was still in his dreamy thoughts as I walked over to him. "Are you coming?", "Yeah, sorry" He said.

I helped him a little so that he didn't hurt his ankle any further. He got in and closed the door. My beautiful gentleman part was done here so I got in the car again and started to drive back home. The drive home was soooooo long. I really thought that I was gonna die from boredom. Can people even do that? The driveway was pretty silent and dark.

If a serial killer is gonna kill us then goodbye my friends.

My eyes got a glance of Mason, he was still awake and looking at the road. I could tell that he had something on his mind, but what is still a question for me. It was getting lonely so I decided to just go to talk to Mason. "So what should we do?" I asked, wow good move Fynn.

Mason snapped out of his thoughts and looked at me. "ehm idk" was all he could say. "Let's play 20 questions' ' what am I super cliche. "Yeah sure,'' he said. " Okayy, ehmm what is your favorite color?" Mason thought about it for a bit" Blue I guess."

Hmm, a common opinion. It was now Mason's turn, it looked like he was kinda questioning himself if he should ask this. "So what do you think about gay people?" was his question. "Ehm well I have nothing against them, if they love other guys then I don't really see the problem."

When I said what I said Mason looked kinda relieved. Look I can be seen as a bad guy, but I don't care what people do with their lives. I mean what have I done the last 2 days, FUCKING BLUSHING OVER A GUY.

It was my turn again, but I suck at asking questions. Like how do people come up with such good questions and I just come to what is your favorite color?. Like damn, I feel dumb. "So do you have any pets?" good question Fynn wow.

"No I never had any pets, although I lowkey want a dog" Mason was smiling at the thought of him having a dog. I looked at him and it was just adorable. Should I just buy him a dog for his birthday? This was getting super awkward with the minute. Next time just don't choose for fucking 20 questions. " Should we just stop with this?" Mason asked me. "Yeahhh we are the most awkward people on earth wit these questions" I chuckled.

"So what should we do in them mean time, I mean it's so fucking boring without talking." Then I looked at the radio, which I totally forgot was in my car too. "We can listen to some music if you like that?" I asked him.

If he is gonna say no then he is not my friend anymore. Like who doesn't love listening to music at night and singing the lyrics from the top of your lungs when nobody is gonna hear you. That is just a VIBE.

"Yeah sure but I wanna choose the first song," Mason said with a smirk on his face. Oh boy what was his plan? He grabbed his phone and opened spotify.

He searched some things up until he stopped and clicked on the song. The song started running and I absolutely knew this song. If you don't then turn away from me. We both started singing at the top of our lungs when the couplet came.

Cause baby you're FIREWORKKK
Come on show them WHATTT YOU'RE WORTHHH
Make em go "AHHH, AAHHH, AHHH

BABYY YOU'RE FIREEEWORKKK
COME ON LET YOUR COLORS BURSTT
MAKE THEM GO "AHHH,AHH AHHH

YOUR GONAA LEAVE THEM ALL INN
AWE, AWE, AWE.

I knew this song from the bottom of my heart. I can proudly say it has a special place hidden behind bars. Mason was shocked that I knew the lyrics but he was still going strong. This was the best idea someone could have. You could name me the 'I can do anything guy'.

Okay probably not, but just let me be proud of myself. Song after song came up and my mouth was getting extremely dry from all the shouting. Lucky for me we were almost home and then I could drink some shit.

We arrived at the house from Mason. It was too late now for us to take him to the hospital, cause like I was almost sleeping and he was too. So we are gonna go tomorrow. "Mason '' I said to him quietly. "Y-yeah" he said he had fallen asleep some 20 minutes ago so he was just waking up.

"Were at your house" I said as I was getting out to help him get out of the car.  He was not awake at all. I could see that, and like who am I blaming. It's fucking 2 am he would totally be exhausted. I helped him get out of the car and also helped him to his porch.

The door was still open so I helped him inside. " I can do it further Fynn, thanks" was what Mason said. "Your welcome buddy" I said and with that I walked out of the door to my car and went home, finalyyyy

————————-
If you guys don't know the song i would he very disappointed 😫

But what do you think about the beautiful karaoke session that they had, i would love to join that.