Why did it have to be Spiders?

Hagrid stokes the fire in the hut of the cool spring night.

He suddenly hears a knock on his door and he sat up grabbing his crossbow as he slowly inches towards the door. He pulls it back seeing nothing there when a cloak is pulled off revealing two young second years he knew.

"What are you two doing out?" He hisses ushering them inside. "What are you doing with that?" Ron asks looking at the crossbow in Hagrid's hands.

Hagrid got defensive and says. "Yee can't be too careful these days," he says sitting back down. "Hagrid we came to ask you some questions. We think Mirabel and Hermione found something before," Hagrid's face dropped as Harry trails off.

"Yep I know. Poor lassies, brightest smiles that I've ever seen with those two. Feel mighty sorry for her sister," Hagrid said. "What do you mean?" Ron asks.

"Well how'd yee feel if you found your little sister like that?" Hagrid asks. "Isa found Mirabel?" Harry asks. He had assumed it was a teacher and Hagrid nodded. "Right outside her room too. Never seen such a heart wrenching sight, they called me up to pry her off of the lass. Got to visit Pomfry myself to get treated for the poison ivy she made," Hagrid explains. Ron looks downright terrible at the thought of finding any of his siblings petrified.

"Hagrid we need to know. Do you know anything about Mirabel's grandfather Pedro?" He asks. Hagrid nodded and leans back. "Yes, a good fellow that man. He was actually my friend," Hagrid said surprising the boys. "He was your friend?" Harry asks. "Eh, I was good friends with your parents too. It was different with Pedro though because he was so nice. He helped me hide some of my poor creatures. I know everyone said he ratted me out, but I know it wasn't him. Can't imagine my grief when I learned he fled, but it was better than being sent to Azkaban that's for sure," Hagrid explains. "Why didn't you ever mention it?" Ron asks. Hagrid shrugs. "Thought she would have mentioned it. Maybe her grandad was embarrassed by me and just didn't mention it. Didn't want her thinking badly of him," Hagrid confesses.

"Hagrid, Mirabel's grandfather died when her mother was born. She never met him," Harry explains. Hagrid's eyes widened and he looked even sadder. "Can't believe it, Pedro was the most powerful wizard I had ever met. He definitely had some odd magic though," Hagrid said. "Odd magic?" Ron questions. "Well he was a Parslemouth you know?" Hagrid said. "What? Really?" Ron said and Harry listens. "Oh yeah, saw him use it a few times. Not as rare as people say they are. In Columbia they actually more common since they got so many snakes over there," he said and than got up. "He actually sent me this letter. Last one I ever got," he said and rummaged in a old chest before pulling out a old picture. He showed it to Harry and Ron and they leaned over to get a good look.

It showed Pedro is his early twenties next to a woman that looked strikingly like Isabela with pigtail braids. In their arms were three bundles, one was a light teal blue with a baby that had coco skin, the next was a yellow bundle with much paler skin and the beginnings of auburn hair, the final baby was wrapped in a green bundle and also had olive skin with the beginnings of curly hair.

"Last letter I ever got from him. He said how if there was anyone at Hogwart he wanted to share the news with it was me," Hagrid said looking at the picture. "I hold him in the same regard I hold Dumbledore," Harry knows how much Hagrid loves Dumbledore so that must mean a lot.

"Hagrid, do you know?" Harry began when there was a loud banging outside. "Hagrid! Open up," A man calls.

"Quick, put on yee cloak and stay quiet," He says and the boys do so huddling in the corner of the shack with the invisibility cloak on him. Hagrid goes over and opens the door, two men invited themselves into his shack. One Harry recognized as Lucious Malfoy while the other was a large bellied man with wrinkled skin, a fancy suit, and a balding head that Harry didn't recognize. "That's the minister of Magic Cornelius Fudge, he's dad's boss," Ron whispers to Harry.