Take It Slow - 5

"Nii... Nii-san" the little boy tried to hold back his tears.

"I-I c-can't take it-t a-anymore" the tears escaped his eyes.

"Shhh, it's okay, otōto, but you need to be quiet" the older of the two kids said, he couldn't let his father hear the sobs because punishment would be inevitable.

He picked up his younger brother and closed the door of his room.

"B-but won't y-you g-get in t-trouble if you c-close the door"

"Everything will be okay" said the older boy, trying to calm down the crying child in his arms.

——————————

"This has been going on for longer than it should, Nii-san" Sasuke said as he barged into Itachi's office without knocking.

"O- otōto!" Itachi was caught by surprise.

He felt Sasuke lurk outside his office for the past week, then he'd eventually leave, but this time he went inside immediately.

As for Sasuke, the first thing that caught his attention was the IV tube injected into Itachi's weak, frail body.

Itachi coughed a disturbingly dry cough.

"You were right, there's nothing I can do to stop this" Sasuke said, motioning his hands at Itachi.

"But that doesn't mean I'll take it silently, I've had enough of this, if you're going to die on me, then we better make your last days the best goddamn days of your fucking life!" continued Sasuke.

"Little brother..."

"Get your ass ready, we're going to get Dango, you seriously need to leave this stinky office of yours and breathe some air for the love of christ" said Sasuke.

Itachi smiled slightly, he has been getting significantly weaker by the day, he didn't have much time left, and Sasuke was right...

"Okay, just give me 5 minutes" he said.

Sasuke nodded at him and left.

——————————

Itachi had ordered a lot of Dango, and they were currently walking by the river as the gentle morning sun rays kissed their pale skin.

"This is really nice, I haven't had Dango in so long"

"Hn"

They walked together enjoying the light breeze that grazed their faces.

Suddenly, Sasuke noticed a loud bright ball of yellow in the distance.

Itachi noticed that Sasuke was looking somewhere, so he trailed his eyes until he found a blond man in uniform.

"Hmm? Did someone catch your eye?" Asked Itachi teasingly.

"What? No...!" Said Sasuke nervously.

It took one look from Itachi to make Sasuke spill.

"Okay he's this guy I asked out on a date..." said Sasuke.

"And?"