Chapter Two

"Are you guys okay?" Pope calls out as he leans toward the water.

"Uh Pope, please don't say I told you so but I'm pretty sure we caught a shark on our line and that it just swam past me" I say as I stare at the water trying to see if I can what I assume was a shark.

"OMG I see it!" Kiara shouts as she looks past me and John B. We both swim towards the boat and climb up the ladder as fast as possible.

"Woah it's a hammerhead" JJ says as he looks at the shark as it swims past the boat just a foot from the surface.

"I told you guys! I told you!" Pope says in an excited and proud voice.

"Yeah, yeah Pope, we get it" JJ says as he picks his fishing rod back up and prepares to cast out again.

"Woah what are you doing? You and Gracie were almost shark food, we should peel John B." Pope says as he gets his fishing gear together.

"Come on bro it's fine," JJ says back to him as he relaxes back in the boat.

"Fine but when Gracie gets her hand bit off, you can go tell Rafe and Ward" John B. says which I swiftly follow up with a punch to his arm.

"John B. stop, you know the rules" I say to him, giving him a fake glare. I made everyone promise a long time ago to not bring up my family. It makes me feel like I'm not really one of the Pogue's because my family and my lifestyle is that of a Kook. They don't know that thats the real reason, I Just told them it was because it kills my vibe to think about dealing with them when I get back and hearing the onslaught of phrases that always follows when I get home from being with the pogues. Usually they say something like "You shouldn't be with them, they're not like us, Gracie" which is usually Rose or "How was hanging out with the trash" which is from Rafe or something else mean and cruel from Topper and his other buddies. Dad will usually just tell me to be safe because he was once a Pogue and won't outwardly bash them like the others. Weezy and Sarah don't care at all, they're both more interested in what we do all day.

"Let's just go back and have some drinks and a bonfire" Kiara says and I can hear the frustration in her voice as she gets annoyed with the boys arguing. She also does not like to be reminded of our Kook ties but her and I are both Pogues through and through. And once you're a Pogue, you're always a Pogue.

The boys all agreed to head in since no one wanted to hang out and let the HMS Pogue become sharkbait. Before we get back to John B. 's or the chateau as we call it, I ask to stop back at my house so that I can get us some snacks and maybe swipe a bottle of Rose's tequila.

I quietly creep into the house through the back patio doors and head towards the liquor cabinet. I see that there's a half empty bottle of tequila and a full one on the counter. I grab the half full one since Rose or my dad would definitely notice the missing new bottle. Before I turn around I hear Ward and Rose both yelling in the other room.

"There is something wrong with him, Ward and you know it" I hear Rose say.

"He is fine! And will you keep your voice down, I don't know where he is" My dad says back to her.

They've been worried about Rafe a lot recently and I can't blame them. I know he started doing cocaine, I caught him in his room a couple a weeks ago and it freaked me out. Rafe has always been really erratic and impulsive but now that he was doing these hard drugs I was even more concerned about him. He could be a complete asshole sometimes but he's still my brother and I love him. I don't wanna hear Rose bad mouth him anymore so I head back to the boat.

"No food?" JJ asks as he sees me approach holding just the bottle of tequila.

"Rose and my dad were in the kitchen so I couldn't get anything" I say as I step onto the boat.

"I'll order a pizza" Pope says as he gets his phone out of his pocket.

We get back to the chateau with two pizzas in hand. I head inside to change into some extra clothes that I kept here, we all lived here part time ever since Big John went missing. I keep my clothes in a drawer in John B.'s room along with an extra tooth brush and other things in case I need them. I strip off my jean shorts and my tshirt and am standing in my bikini when I hear the door open. I turn and see John B. leaned back against the closed door smirking at me from across the room.

"Don't look at me like that," I say to him as I fail to hide my smile from him.