Chapter 22

Pain that's all Scarlett felt she couldn't sleep whole night because she kept feeling uneasy.
She felt like there's someone digging knifes into her heart.

It was early in the morning and Scarlett was wide awake she had not slept whole night she kept thinking about all the bad things.

She loved him but he hated her that hurt her very much but now she needed a reason why he hated her. There has to be a reason.

She was about to close her eyes when she heard someone crying at first she thought maybe it's just in her head but she got out of bed when the cries didn't stop.

She slowly walked out of the room trying to hear clearly she walked forward until she stood in front of a table that's when she heard the sobs clearly.

A child.

She frowned and kneeled down to look under the table just as she looked under the table she came face to face with the same little boy she had seen yesterday.
He was still here.

"What's wrong?" Scarlett questioned.

He hiccuped, he was crying as tears kept rolling down his eyes.
Those eyes reminded her of Zephyr's. They looked so much alike.
She wondered if he'd look this when crying too as a child.

"Come here." Scarlett tried to hold his hand but he moved back.

He looked scared a child wasn't supposed to be this scared without a reason it was obvious that he's hiding from someone.

"Are you hiding? Come here i won't hurt you." Scarlett opened her arms.

"I don't want to go back." The little boy sniffed.

"You don't have to, Come here." Scarlett assured.

"Caius!"

Scarlett jumped when she heard a voice, She stood up straight and waited for the person to approach her.

Zephyr, he was the one who was calling for this boy.

He was searching for him but he walked towards Scarlett when he saw her standing near the table.

"What are you doing awake?" He frowned "It's still early."

"I-I know." Scarlett nodded her head.

He moved his gaze towards the table and narrowed his eyes.

"Caius." Zephyr spoke "Come out."

The little boy slowly walked out and stood straight, his head hung low and tears rolling down his eyes.

Just as Scarlett was about to say something she saw Clara running towards them.
She took a breath when her feet came to halt.

"There you are!"

Scarlett was confused about why these two kept looking for this boy and never left him alone.

"Bring him." Zephyr ordered and turned around to walk away.

"Wait!" Scarlett called.

Hearing her voice he stopped and turned around facing her again, her gaze clashed with his.
She was looking in his eyes to see Art of emotions but all she got to see was darkness.

"What?" He questioned.

Scarlett saw Clara walk forward and hold the little boy's hand.

"Where are you taking him?" Scarlett asked.

"Excuse me?" Zephyr frowned. "That's none of your business."

"He's crying!"

"So what!?" Zephyr snapped "Why the fuck do you care?"