Chapter 20

"Life is to be beautiful if you live it like you're living."

***************

"You want me to stay?" Scarlett questioned walking towards him.

"Yes." He replied.

He was serious but still Scarlett was having trouble believing.
Scarlett sat down on bed slowly as his eyes met hers,
He looked away that's what he kept doing all the time.

"Why do you keep looking away from me?" Scarlett asked.

"What?"

"You look away whenever I stare back at you." Scarlett said moving closer to him.

"I don't." He replied. "Why would I?"

Scarlett shrugged.
She had noticed it many times now but if he wanted to act like he didn't know then so be it she was not going to force him to reply to her questions.

"If you want me to stay then please stop smoking for now." Scarlett scrunched her nose.

Smell of Cigarettes that's what she hated alot,
But there he was smoking just sitting beside her.
He stared at her before getting up and walking towards the window
Scarlett thought maybe he was going to smoke out there but she got surprised when he threw it out.

He did it! That was her reaction because he actually listened to her.
Scarlett was so happy that he finally listened to her like atleast once.

"Thank you." Scarlett smiled.

He didn't reply and the silence after that was making everything awkward for her.
She wanted him to speak but ask her no questions because she didn't want to answer any of his questions  whenever he asked a question it was always something too deep.

When she couldn't take the silence any longer she finally decided to talk first.

"So can you tell me about yourself?" Scarlett mumbled.

"About me?" He asked. "What about me?"

"Anything."

He stayed quite.

"What's your favorite flower?" Scarlett questioned.

Scarlett didn't know why she asked that question but she wanted to know
She had this question on her mind since quite a while,
now that she finally had a chance to ask him she wouldn't let it slip.

"I don't like flowers." He replied. "In fact I hate flowers."

His reply caught her off guard.
If he didn't like flowers then why was he walking around with a rose tattooed behind his neck.

"You have a tattoo." Scarlett pointed towards the tattoo behind his neck.

A frown formed on his forehead instantly as he reached out to touch it.

"I don't have it because I like flowers." He explained. "It's because it holds a Memory."

"Tattoos hold memories?" Scarlett asked focusing on his tattoo.

"Mine do." He responded.

"Oh."

Scarlett wanted to touch it but she was scared that he might get angry since he didn't like to be touched so she chose to stay still and ignore.

"I like it." Scarlett told.

"You do?" He asked as his jaw clenched.

"Yes." Scarlett grinned. "I love Rose's."