Chapter 15 (Freight Car)

Hey loves!

There is no warning that I can think of in this chapter; we're at the final countdown here! Two chapters to go! I'm so sad yet very happy with this story; I hope you all enjoyed it!

Check out my other Fic Whiskey! I'm currently working on the second installment. I already have a Marvel AU in the works as well :)

Jesse_Winter_Soldier , you are indeed the best; thanks for the beta reading.

All mistakes are my own!

-Sif

Just inside the state limits of New York, Tony pulled the car into a gas station. Rori flung the door open, scrambling out. She gulped air. Steadying herself against the car, Tony was at her side in a matter of moments.

"Shh.", he soothed, rubbing her shoulders, "Come on, breath for me, Doc."

Since they made it to the car, she realized Ross trying to keep her there was a massive sign that he would never let her go. He knew.

Rori nodded, "I-I just need a minute." She looked behind them at the gas station; she noticed a pear sitting in the open mailbox. "I need to use the restroom and clean up.", she spoke.

Tony looked back at the almost empty gas station, "Yeah, okay. Look at that, a Burger King across the street." He smiled, "You go take care of business, and I'll get the burgers, yeah?"

Rori smiled, "Thank you, Tony, for everything." She pulled him in for a hug.

"No, problem, kid. We'll get you through this." He patted her shoulder.

______________________________________

They parted ways; Rori walked into the gas station. She got the key from the cashier, walking around the building, she slipped in. She relieved herself then washed her hands and face. She took a deep breath gripping the sink; she heard someone outside the bathroom. They were light on their feet; she prayed it was Steve. "Tony, forgive me.", she mumbled, drying her hands.

Rori stepped out of the bathroom and felt a hand slide around her abdomen and a hand over her mouth.

"Don't scream.", a voice spoke; she recognized it, bile rising in her throat, "I don't like to doze by the fire. I like adventures, and I'm going to find some."

Rori felt confused, was Black Widow quoting Jo March from Little Women? Steve.

"Do you know who I'm with?" she spoke, "Nod once."

Rori did; Natasha removed her hand from Rori's mouth. Taking her hand, "We have to move now, come on."

________________________________________

Another car ride. Thankfully, this one was shorter and much quieter. Black Widow never spoke, unlike Tony, who asked questions. Why did Ross want her if she didn't know where Rogers and Barnes were? What did he have over her?

Natasha parked the car in an abandoned lot. Confused, Rori followed her out of the vehicle. Natasha walked towards the empty field; within the blink of an eye, a black jet appeared. There was a hiss from the aircraft as steps appeared; she followed the other woman up the stairs.

"Oh, thank God!" Sam said, flying out of the co polite seat, wrapping Rori in a hug.

"Sam.", she sighed, wrapping her arms around his middle.

He held her for a few moments; pulling back, he looked at her face.

He was holding back tears, "I –"