Chapter 12 (Benign)

Hey loves!

General Winter Soldier warnings, language, etc.

Thank you so much, Jesse_Winter_Soldier , for beta reading!

All mistakes are my own!

-Sif

Handcuffs are digging into her wrist, the fingers of the soldiers escorting her digging into her upper arms. Rori stumbled through the halls of the Joint Counter Terrorist Centre. A short man with sandy blonde hair, slightly greying, approached; he was wearing a grey suit carrying some files.

"Ah, Doctor Harris. It's good to meet you; I wish it were under better conditions." He smiled, "I'm Agent Everett Ross, CIA."

Rori pursed her lips, unimpressed with the short man standing before her.

He cleared his throat, "I understand that you have been working with the Winter Soldier, ho-"

"James.", she snapped.

"Excuse me?" he said, taken aback.

"His name is James Barnes; his friends call him Bucky.", she spoke.

Ross squinted. "Interesting." he shook his head, "Regardless of what you call him, he has been detained and is being held for evaluation. We will decide what to do with him after that."

Rori narrowed her eyes, "What do you mean you will decide what to do with him after that?"

Ross cocked his head to the right, "We have a physiatrist that will evaluate him, then decide if he can be rehabilitated or will his time be better served at the Raft."

Rori swallowed her mouth dry. The Raft was a super-maximum-security prison for super-powered criminals near Ryker's Island. Bucky didn't belong there; she felt angry.

She stepped towards the man; the two soldiers tightened their grips. "Sergeant James Barnes is the longest-held P.O.W the world has ever seen! He was tortured and brainwashed for over seventy years!" she snapped, "Tell me, Agent Ross, do you know what it's like to be strapped down and have eight hundred milliamps, which add up to several hundred watts of electricity, flow through your temples for several seconds at a time?" She watched him pale for a moment, "I didn't think so."

He swallowed hard, straightening up his tie and suit jacket. "Take her to the others."

Rori has roughly pulled away.

________________________________________

They finally stopped tugging her along when they reached a conference room; windows lined the walls so you could see right in. She took a deep breath when she noticed Steve and Sam; Steve paced the floor while Sam sat with his head in his lap. One of the soldiers shoved her through the open door.

Steve immediately shot over towards her. "Is that necessary?" he growled, gesturing to the cuffs.

Rori rubbed her aching wrists, glaring at the men when they were removed as they left.

"Are you okay?" Steve asked, pulling her into a comforting hug.

Rori allowed herself to sink into Steve's strong embrace. "Yeah, I'm fine.", she grumbled out her reply, "I saw you found him. Is he okay? Where is he?"

Steve frowned, looking up towards a small tv. Rori stepped forward to get a better look up at the screen. The U.N. had brought in a doctor to evaluate Bucky; all they had was visual until a blonde woman walked in.