Chapter 13 (Homecoming)

Hey loves!

This chapter is a little heavy; kidnapping, integrations, threats, and mental health are questioned.

As always, thank you to Jesse_Winter_Soldier for beta reading! I appreciate you!

All mistakes are my own!

-Sif

Her head was throbbing something fierce as she blinked a few times, trying to orient herself. The light was bright; Rori turned her head away from the bright fluorescent lighting. Rolling onto her side Rori slowly sits up; looking around, she realizes she is in a cell with a single cot, sink, and toilet in the corner. She noticed the camera right away; that was not happening.

The door screeched open painfully, two men in U.S Army tactical gear stepped into the room.

"Please come with us, ma'am.", one soldier said.

"Do I have a choice?" she asked, crossing her arms.

"Afraid not, ma'am.", the other answered.

Sighing, she slowly stood up; everything went sideways.

Two hands reached out and steadied her, "It's alright, ma'am, I've got you." He gently wrapped an arm around her back and let her clutch the other.

She was escorted to an integration room with a larger metal table and two chairs on each side. What looked like a laptop sitting in the middle, she was brought a water bottle. She was left alone for twenty minutes; she watched the clock on the wall. She had no idea how much time had passed since she collapsed. Her headache grew as she continued to run through possible scenarios.

The door squeaked open, a tall man with salt and pepper, a thick mustache, and broad shoulders walked in. He was wearing an expensive suit; he unbuttoned his jacket, taking a seat across from her.

"How are you feeling?" he asked, crossing his arms, "You should drink that water; it seems like your body can't handle that little magic trick you did earlier."

Rori stiffened up, watching him as he opened a laptop. Clicking around, he started to play the German soldier's body cam surveillance. "You have quite a gift there, Doctor Harris." he crossed his arms again, "He's alright, by the way."

She leveled with him. "Who are you, and where am I?" she asked coolly.

"Secretary Thaddeus Ross." He offered a hand; she looked at his hand, then at his face. "As for your location, I'm afraid that is classified.

She nodded, "I see, and what is it you want from me, Mister Secretary?" she asked, taking a sip of the cool water.

He stood up, "Three days ago, you helped the Winter Soldier-"

"Sergeant Barnes.", she corrected.

She took a shaking breath; three days, she had been out for three days?

"Sergeant Barnes," he amended, nodding, "Captain Steven Rogers and Sam Wilson escape." He put his hands in his pockets, "Now Captain Rogers and Sergeant Barnes are in the wind after an altercation among the Avengers. Leaving one of my guys and Colonel James Rhodes in the hospital, according to your file, you know the Colonel." She looked up at him, "He will live, don't worry, but Sam Wilson, Scott Lang, Wanda Maximoff, and Clint Barton are in custody." He walked behind her, Rori stiffened. "Now Lang and Barton took a deal; they were released from the Raft on house arrest. Wilson and Maximoff refused to take the deal and retire; neither are saying where Rogers and Barnes may have gone."