Chapter 8

"God, damn it...," Dex murmured. Dex spun on his office chair and groaned. Frustrated, he placed his hands behind his head and leaned back in his chair.

Ever since the other night, his thoughts had been racing over Blair.

Frumpy Blair. His secretary, for crying out loud. The chances of her falling for him, even the slightest bit, was zero to a million. Hell, she was one in a million.

Why was he even thinking of her this way? He frowned and thought about the end of the month. The end of Blair's probation, where he would give her a raise she deserved. She deserved all the money and materialistic items around, but he figured she would think him crazy.

Her current weekly pay was around twenty thousand dollars. He would have to raise that considerably but not too much. Despite what he was feeling for his secretary, he needed some money to keep himself alive.

There was a knock at his office door. He cleared his throat. "Who is it?"

"Blair Davenport, sir," she said.

His heart rate increased more than her future raise. "Oh, Blair. Come in."

She walked in, wearing a distasteful dress that did not compliment her features well. She was beautiful, in her face and body. So why was she hiding underneath all of those clothes. Dex smirked, wishing that she had absolutely no clothes. Thankfully, he was sitting behind his desk, so Blair couldn't see his problem that had... arisen.

"Blair, you look beautiful as always," he admired, looking at her face instead of her dark orange dress. "How can I help you?"

"Umm..." She blushed. He smiled. Her rosy cheeks emanated radiance that he could hardly comprehend, but he wanted to kiss so terribly bad. He couldn't though. He didn't want yet another relationship with another secretary, since the last few had miserably failed him. The other night had taken it too far and now he was having trouble keeping his dirty mind off her long legging-clad legs. "Mr. Tristan Harvey called, asking if he could reschedule the meeting."

"On such short notice? The meeting was scheduled for tomorrow afternoon?"

"His wife went into labor, sir. Apparently, she's having a tough time with her contractions and it's taking a while for the babies to come out."

"Twins?"

"Triplets," she corrected. Dex raised an eyebrow in shock, before trying to hide a smirk when an absurd thought popped into his head. What if he and Blair had children? He would take care of them all, love them each, and-

He stopped himself. What was he thinking?

He locked eyes with his secretary for a minute, before she blushed a beautiful scarlet color and averted her gaze. He sighed. "Okay. What's the dilemma? Just reschedule it."

"He said, since it was on such short notice, he could send his vice president, who knows the product as well as he does. Unless, of course, you're dead set on having him there."

"What did you say?"

"I said I would consult you. But since I'm sure you want him there, I collected a list of all company numbers of all who will be present there. I was thinking I could reschedule it for next week, since his wife will be out of the hospital by then."

Smart woman. "That'll work just fine."

"I'll contact everyone and let them know. I'll let you know if any problems arise, sir."

Well, one problem did arise for Dex, at the very least. He refused to stand up until his friend went away.

"Very well... Oh, and thank you for the brownies. They were delicious. What's your secret?"

"I melt white chocolate in the center," she said. "My grandma taught me how to bake."

"Wonderful. You can manufacture these if this doesn't work out for you."

"Maybe I will. We'll see what the future holds."

Blair gave Dex a radiant smile and left him in the office. He was finally standing up when Johnny walked in. God, damn it...

Dex turned so Johnny wouldn't see his issue, but it was too late. "Dude," Johnny said. "Did Blair turn you on."

Frustrated and beet-red, Dex sat in his chair and spun to face the blond. "Johnny. I swear to high heaven-"

"She did. Damn. All this time, I thought she was innocent."

"She didn't do it on purpose."

"Oh. So, you like the dress. I see," Johnny teased, smugly smirking.

Dex cringed. "No, I didn't. I wish she would wear more appealing clothes."

"Then tell her dresses with birds are against dress code." The fair-haired man laughed.

"Johnny, you're not helping. I really need some help here."

"Just tell her how you feel."

"And then what? She's my secretary."

"She's your personal assistant. She can do... personal errands, shall we say, for you."

"Basically, sex."

"Yeah." Johnny let a shrug slip off his shoulders. "Your P.A. and you can get to, err, know each other better?"

"Johnny... As much as I would enjoy that, you know I'm strictly against personal office relationships."

"Well, it's your call, boss man."

Dex rolled his eyes, and, having finally calmed down, stood up. "Why did you come here, Johnny?"

"I was gonna ask you something, but it's nothing. I'll see 'round. Have a good one."

"You, too, man." He patted Johnny on the back, and the blond left.

As the door opened and closed, Dex got a glance of Blair, bent over, searching for something.

He became hard again. He cursed and tried giving himself a mental cold shower.

It didn't work.

"God, damn it."