Chapter 5

Blair bit her lip, shocked where she was now. She had gotten the job.

Dex loved the fact that not only had she delivered earlier than what she said, she had also proofread, added effects, and double checked his reports. He had told her that he didn't even need to interview her because that's how amazingly she had gone through with her project.

She looked at her desk and fixed the last frame-of her and Alicia-and sighed. Someone tapped her on the shoulder, causing the weak-hearted to jump and turn to face her pursuer. It was Dex.

"Oh, my God!" he exclaimed. "I didn't mean to frighten you, Blair. I'm so sorry!"

"It's okay. I was just setting up my desk."

"It looks nice. Very organized. Personal, yet professional."

She laughed. "Yes, sir. I try my best. What can I help you with?"

He glanced over her shoulder and saw something that seemed to slightly infuriate him. Confused, Blair turned around, but didn't see much except for a few employees and Johnny and Alicia. She turned back to Dex, who was now looking at her softly. She blushed and looked down.

He grabbed her chin, pulling her head upwards. "Don't look down, Blair. It shows lack of confidence." He touched her cheek, and she felt them heat up even more so. "You have a beautiful blush."

Smiling, Blair bid him her thanks and he smirked. "Blair, I need you to go to my office and sort out some files. I'll be there in a second to show you what to do, okay?"

"No problem, sir." He smiled gratefully and began to walk off towards Johnny and Alicia.

Blair entered his office, but watched from behind a curtain in his office window what was going on. Alicia leaned over Johnny's shoulder, smiling flirtatiously. The blond excused himself for a moment and went over to his office. Alicia licked her pink lips and looked Dex in the eye confidently. She raised an eyebrow as they spoke.

Blair bit the inside of her naturally red lips hard enough to taste something metallic... Shit. Her lip was bleeding. She dabbed the inside of her mouth with her index finger as Johnny went back over and spoke to Alicia. He smiled and nodded hastily at something she'd said. Dex, who was suddenly sitting, stood up and said something to Alicia, holding out his hand.

She moved away just in time to see Dex and Alicia enter the elevator.

She didn't think much of it. Dex was probably just being polite and escorting Alicia to her car.

As she searched for a napkin for her bleeding lip, she saw Alicia's car. Her point was proven right when she saw the two of them walking towards the car. She smiled smugly to herself and grabbed a napkin, dabbing the blood.

That is, until she saw Alicia on the hood of her car, her long, bare runner's leg wrapped around Dex's waist.

"Fucking whore," Blair cursed quietly as she looked away.

It was then she noticed someone had just walked in. Johnny. Of course.

He looked at Blair, confused, but smiled nonetheless.

"Hey, Blair. How's it going?"

"Oh, it's good... You?"

"Wonderful. Alicia and I have a little date to Dynasty tonight so... It's nice."

"Dynasty... The club?" He nodded. Alicia was probably going to get the two of them extremely drunk with probably seven Sex on the Beach drinks and see if they could make the name a reality. "Oh, good to know... Just curious... How do so many men like Alicia? Not in a bad way or anything?"

"She's hot as fuck. She's confident. She's funny. She dresses to kill. And she's talented... In bed, particularly."

"Hmm..." Blair nodded slowly. "Okay. Good to know. Umm... Why are you here?"

"Just going to rub it in Dex's face. He didn't think I could get a date with a beautiful woman. Next think you know, he's gonna tell me I can't get a woman like yourself... Not in a bad way."

Blair frowned at the comment, slightly offended. She smiled, hiding her pain and promised to deliver Johnny's message to Dex, but Johnny waved it off with a never mind.

Dex arrived, adjusting his tie, and Blair was sitting on his chair. "Have fun?" she asked. He looked up, wide eyed. "Don't worry. I won't judge. Just don't do it in public." With my best friend. Or anyone, for that matter. Blair shocked herself with her jealousy.

"You enjoy the show?" He smirked cockily. "You could always have front row seats or even participate the next time."

Blair tossed her head back, laughing. "Thanks but no. I don't believe in sex." Dex furrowed his brows. "I'm not saying I'm a virgin, but... This topic isn't very professional... Just be careful with Alicia. She's a heartbreaker."

"I've dealt with those before."

"She's dated Johhny and the two have a date tonight at a club and she just... you know... did that... with you... on the hood of her car. I just don't think it'll be fair to ip either you or Johnny."

"Either your jealous or you care." Both. "I have a feeling it's the latter."

"Indeed, Mr. Ric-Dex. You're my boss. It's my job to take care of you."

"Wonderful. Do you think you could take care of me tonight? We have a long night ahead of us and I get hungry easily."

"Yes, sir, of course." He smiled at her gratefully and began explicitly telling her which files he needed organized, how, and when by, and that he would assist her tonight to make the other times she had to do this much easier.

Blair's stomach erupted, butterflies batting hard against her core. She bit her lip, watching Dex and his strong, masculine hands and his prominent gestures. His voice reminded her of red velvet-bold, but soft. At six something, he was a perfect height for little Blair, who stood short at five foot five, unlike Alicia, who was at least five eight. Johnny was a bit taller than Dex, and Blair had to crane her neck to see either of their faces.

Blair noticed Dex watching her and blushed a darker red. He chuckled and continued rummaging through the files until around ten o'clock.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Okay," Dex laughed. "I'm exhausted. Are you hungry?"

At the mere mention of a chance of food, Blair's stomach growled. She blushed covering it and smiled sheepishly at her boss. "Kind of?" She giggled. His laughed boomed throughout the empty building, where the two of them lingered in his office with papers scattered all over the floor.

"Kind of seems like an understatement, Davenport. You've been exceptional. Why don't I take you for dinner?"

"Dinner? Dex, I can't possibly-"

"Blair. It's this or you're shit out of a job," he teased.

Tossing her head back in a laugh, Blair said, "Okay. Fine. But nowhere fancy."

"Just let me deal with everything, please?"

She watched him with innocent eyes and sighed. "Okay."

"Wonderful," he said, smiling. Blair noticed that his smile seemed almost...

Achieved.